Recent work | April 6, 2020

Roschier advised Telia in the creation of joint venture with CapMan

Telia Company and CapMan Infra will jointly increase fiber penetration in Finland through joint venture company Valokuitunen Oy. The transaction, agreed upon in October 2019, was subject to approval from relevant authorities and has now been approved by the European Commission. Roschier advised Telia in the transaction.

Valokuitunen Oy will provide high speed internet access through fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) in small house residential areas in Finland. Telia sold its FTTH business Avoin Kuitu to the joint venture, of which they now own 40%. CapMan Infra fund owns the remaining 60%.

Telia Company is a leading telecommunications company headquartered in Stockholm. CapMan is a leading Nordic private asset expert, managing over EUR 3 billion in assets.

Roschier’s advisory team mainly comprised Toni Siimes, Ami Paanajärvi, Jenni Rosenlöf, Pinja Lindholm, Oskari Lindholm, Andreas Bussman, Sari Rasinkangas and Iida Lindfors.