Toni Siimes is a Helsinki-based Partner and Head of the firm’s Energy & Infrastructure practice. He is specialized in M&A and corporate advisory, with a strong emphasis on cross-border transactions and private equity transactions. He has acted for various private equity clients in acquisitions and disposals, working also with the target companies during the holding period.Toni also works for industrial clients, with special industry expertise within retail and the forestry industry, and focuses also on infrastructure projects.
Toni has extensive experience in complex shareholders’ agreements and joint venture structures, as well as project finance transactions with challenging project company structures.
In 2008/2009, Toni was on secondment at Allen & Overy in London.
Toni is recognized for his expertise in corporate/M&A in Finland by international legal directories such as Chambers Europe, Chambers Global and IFLR1000. Toni stands out to clients as “a brilliant legal mind” (Chambers Europe, 2018). Clients highlight him for “being very flexible, there when they needed him, understood their problems, listened to them and was very diplomatic. He could reach an acceptable solution for all parties quickly” (Chambers Europe, 2016). Toni receives further praise from a happy client: “He is a brilliant lawyer who I very much enjoyed working with” (Chambers Europe, 2017).
Toni Siimes’ experience includes advising:
- NextPharma in the acquisition of a manufacturing facility and related operations in Tampere;
- Global working-at-heights and safety products and solutions provider Tractel in the acquisition of Scanclimber, a producer of vertical access products, from OP Corporate Bank plc;
- KONGSBERG, a Norwegian listed technology corporation, in its EUR 272 million acquisition of 49.9% of the shares in Patria Oyj from the State of Finland;
- Synopsys, Inc., the leading global electronic design automation company, in the acquisition of Codenomicon Oy, a Finnish robustness testing tool and situation awareness company which discovered the so-called Heartbleed bug in 2014;
- MEYER WERFT GmbH in the acquisition of STX Finland Oy by MEYER WERFT GmbH and Finnish Industry Investment Ltd from STX Europe AS;
- Lion Capital in the sale of Vaasan Group to Lantmännen;
- Ramboll Finland Oy in the acquisition of the real estate design & consulting and construction management businesses from Pöyry plc and Pöyry Finland Oy.
Roschier (2004-), Partner since 2009
Allen & Overy /London, Visiting Lawyer (2008-2009)
Waselius & Wist, Senior Associate (1999-2004)
Intrum Justitia /Tampere, Development Manager (1998-1999)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Ethics Committee of the Finnish Bar Association, Member (2013-)
Delegation of the Finnish Bar Association, Member (2011-)
University of Turku, LL.M. (1998)
Highlighted by clients for being very flexible, there when they needed him, understood their problems, listened to them and was very diplomatic. Chambers Europe