Toni Siimes is a Helsinki-based Partner and Head of the firm’s Energy & Infrastructure practice. He is specialized in M&A and corporate advisory, with a strong emphasis on cross-border transactions and private equity transactions. He has acted for various private equity clients in acquisitions and disposals, working also with the target companies during the holding period.Toni also works for industrial clients, with special industry expertise within retail and the forestry industry, and focuses also on infrastructure projects.
Toni has extensive experience in complex shareholders’ agreements and joint venture structures, as well as project finance transactions with challenging project company structures.
In 2008/2009, Toni was on secondment at Allen & Overy in London.
Toni is recognized for his expertise in corporate/M&A and energy in Finland by international legal directories such as Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal. Toni stands out to clients as “a brilliant legal mind” (Chambers Europe, 2018). Clients highlight him for “being very flexible, there when they needed him, understood their problems, listened to them and was very diplomatic. He could reach an acceptable solution for all parties quickly” (Chambers Europe, 2016). He is also praised for his “broad experience, covering M&A, corporate governance and private equity transactions” (Chambers Europe, 2020) and receives further praise from a happy client: “He is a brilliant lawyer who I very much enjoyed working with” (Chambers Europe, 2017).
Toni Siimes’ experience includes advising:
- Fortum in the sale of its district heating business in the Järvenpää-Tuusula area in Finland to a consortium consisting of Vantaa Energy Ltd, Infranode, and Keva;
- Sval Energi AS as local counsel in the acquisition of 50% of the Metsälamminkangas wind farm project from Lundin Petroleum AB;
- Fortum in the divestment of the majority stake in its Nordic wind portfolio, where Fortum agreed to sell 80% of its Nordic wind portfolio to funds advised by Credit Suisse Energy Infrastructure Partners;
- Luxcara, a leading asset manager for renewable energy, in acquiring the wind energy projects Välikangas, Sievi and Pihtipudas, located in Northern Ostrobothnia, Finland, which will have a capacity of approximately 160 MW;
- Relais Group Oyj in its initial public offering and listing of Relais Group’s shares on the First North Growth Market Finland marketplace, maintained by Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd;
- Relais Group Oy in its purchase of the shares in AB Reservdelar and Huzells i Karlstad AB from Nordic Industry Development, which became a substantial shareholder of Relais Group in the transaction.
- NextPharma in the acquisition of a manufacturing facility and related operations in Tampere;
- Global working-at-heights and safety products and solutions provider Tractel in the acquisition of Scanclimber, a producer of vertical access products, from OP Corporate Bank plc.
Roschier (2004-), Partner since 2009
Allen & Overy /London, Visiting Lawyer (2008-2009)
Waselius & Wist, Senior Associate (1999-2004)
Intrum Justitia /Tampere, Development Manager (1998-1999)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Ethics Committee of the Finnish Bar Association, Member (2013-)
Delegation of the Finnish Bar Association, Member (2011-2017)
University of Turku, LL.M. (1998)
Highlighted by clients for being very flexible, there when they needed him, understood their problems, listened to them and was very diplomatic. Chambers Europe