Our multidisciplinary Emerging Companies practice specializes in advice to emerging companies that are looking into expanding or are experiencing a growth spell. The practice aims to meet all legal advisory needs of emerging and growth companies, with a particular emphasis on tech companies across industry sectors, and with intellectual property as one of the core assets.
We advise on all relevant legal matters with which a growth company may need assistance throughout its life cycle, ranging from strategic counsel on the development, capture, and commercialization of the company’s technology, products, or services, to the planning of incentive structures and raising of funding from venture capital, growth equity, venture debt or private equity investors.
The cross-border team consists of experienced experts from several practice areas, including Intellectual Property, Private M&A, Tax & Structuring, Employment, Finance and Regulatory, and Equity Capital Markets, and serves founder teams and investors alike.
Our team is also very experienced in advising on any M&A or liquidity scenarios (including IPOs) relevant to growth companies, whether that be a strategic acquisition of an interesting company or the ultimate exit by the company’s founders and investors. Our experience in global technology licensing and transactions is unparalleled in the market offering.
- Advised Wolt in its EUR 7 billion sale to DoorDash, Inc.
- Advised PayPal in its USD 2.2bn acquisition of iZettle.
- Advised main shareholders of Picosun in the sale of the company to Applied Materials, Inc.
- Advised VW in the battery maker Northvolt’s USD 1bn capital raise in 2019 and in its subsequent capital raises (USD 600m in 2020, USD 2.75bn in 2021 and USD 1.1bn 2022).
- Advised Nokia in its investment in HMD Global Oy in HMD’s A2-round.
- Advised Teachers’ Venture Growth (TVG), an investment arm of OTTP, in digital healthcare provider KRY’s three latest funding rounds.
- Advised Wolt in its EUR 440 million series G-financing round.
- Advised Goldman Sachs and ICONIQ in their investment in Wolt’s F-financing round.
- Advised Permira in its investment in and partial exit from Klarna.
- Advised Blackstone in its investment in Oatley (and in relation to the IPO).
- Advised Varjo Technologies in its C and D-financing rounds.
- Advised Kinnevik in a number of investments including e.g. in MatHem, H2 Green Steel, JointAcademy, Avito, BIMA and Karma.
- Advised Nordstjernan Growth in all their investments so far (i.e. in Zimpler, Mentimeter, Roaring.io and Insurello).
- Advised Bonnier Ventures in a number of investments including e.g. in Doktor.se, United Screens, Lavendla, Refunder and KIT.
- Advised Sprints Capital in its investment in Hitta.se.
- Advised Telia Ventures in its investments in Solid Tango and eBuilder.
- Advised Fortum in its investment in Exeger.
- Advised BIMA on all its funding rounds since its incorporation in 2010 (main owners being Allianz X, Kinnevik and LeapFrog).
- Advised Doktor24 in its latest funding round (2021).
- Advised Verge Motorcycles in various technology, consumer law, tax and structuring and fund raising matters.
- Advised TILT Biotherapeutics in its EUR 10 million financing round.
- Advised Susquehanna Growth Equity in its investment in Sievo.
- Advised Infrakit Oy in its A-financing round.
- Advised Mobidiag Oy in a number of financing rounds and subsequent EUR 668 million sale to Hologic, Inc.
- Advised PX2 Solutions Oy in its investment round.
- Advised TCV in its investments in RELEX Solutions.
- Advised RGE in its investment in Infinited Fiber Company Oy.
- Advised major Finnish institutional investor in its investments in Swappie and Canatu.