Helena Viita is a Helsinki-based Partner in the firm’s Finance & Restructuring practice. She has extensive experience of a wide variety of finance and debt capital markets work, including bond financing, real estate and acquisition finance, project finance, asset finance as well as refinancing and restructuring. Helena also advises on financial regulatory, netting and derivatives.
She has also gained experience through secondments to Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in London and Sampo Bank plc in Helsinki.
Helena is recognized as one of the leading experts in Finland within Banking & Finance by international directories such as Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, IFLR1000 and the Legal 500.
Clients praise Helena for her approach to “customer service, responsiveness, and ability to focus on the issues which are most important to the client” (Chambers Europe, 2018). She is lauded for being “pragmatic” (Chambers Europe, 2020), “very available and responsive” as well as “technically excellent” (Chambers Europe, 2017) and clients highlight her “solid understanding of the law and good commercial awareness” (Chambers Europe, 2016). Further, according to clients Helena is “always responsive, quick, and practical in her advice” (Chambers Global, 2014) and “tries to do everything she can to find the best solutions for her client” (Chambers Global, 2015).
Helena Viita’s experience includes advising:
- VVO Group plc in the offering and listing of a EUR 200 million senior bond secured by a dynamic collateral pool consisting mainly of residential properties located in Finland;
- Outotec Oyj in the offering of a EUR 150 million hybrid bond;
- Caruna Group in the whole business securitisation style refinancing arrangement including secured lending from a banking group and from an orphan issuer which issues loans and bonds to investors inter alia under its EUR 10 billion bond programme. The total amount of Caruna Network Oy’s financing was EUR 1.93 billion;
- Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB (publ) and OP Corporate Bank plc in the financing for the acquisition by SL Capital Partners of Gasum’s local gas distribution network, the largest gas DSO in Finland;
- The lead managers in the offering and listing of Unemployment Insurance Fund’s (TVR) EUR 600 million fixed rate senior unsecured bond and EUR 300 million fixed rate senior unsecured bond.
Roschier (2002-), Partner since 2013
Sampo Bank Plc (currently Danske Bank Plc) /Helsinki, Visiting lawyer (2009-2010)
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer /London, Visiting lawyer (2007)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (2002)
English, Finnish, Swedish
Clients praise Helena for her approach to customer service, responsiveness, and ability to focus on the issues which are most important to the client. Chambers Europe