Roschier Insights Webinar: Whistleblowing and internal investigations
We are arranging a webinar where our experts will discuss the Whistleblower Protection Directive, which entered into force at the end of 2019 and must be implemented nationally by 17 December 2021. The directive imposes new obligations on employers, including the establishment of an internal channel for reporting and the monitoring and investigation of notifications through the channel.
The aim of the Whistleblower Protection Directive is to encourage employees to report any compliance issues and to protect those who do so. In many cases, notifications coming through the reporting channel lead to extensive internal investigations. However, several questions have been raised in relation to the local implementation in Finland, such as whether group entities may use their parent company’s reporting channel, the interplay between employee privacy laws and whistleblowing channels, as well as the applicability of whistleblowing channels to labor law offences.
In this webinar, we will answer your questions regarding the Whistleblower Protection Directive and internal investigations. We will, among other things, address these issues:
- Whistleblowing channels in Finland – Laila Sivonen
- Status report on the implementation of the directive: what, how and when?
- Employment law and whistleblowing channels – Mari Mohsen
- Labor law offences and whistleblowing?
- Data Protection and whistleblowing channels – Johanna Lilja
- What restrictions do the Finnish employee privacy laws impose on investigations?
- How to execute internal investigations efficiently but in a compliant manner, taking into consideration the strict Finnish ePrivacy rules?
- Competition law investigations– Ami Paanajärvi
- How do the competition authority’s extensive investigative powers relate to information obtained through a whistleblowing channel?
The webinar, held on Tuesday 8 June, will be in Finnish and for clients, by invitation only. If you haven’t received an invitation and would like one, please contact email@example.com. Warmly welcome!