Laila Sivonen is a Helsinki-based Principal Associate specialized in commercial dispute resolution as well as corporate compliance and ethics. Laila’s practice includes litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution. Laila has experience of international and domestic arbitration under various arbitration rules, including the FAI, SCC and AAA as well as ad hoc arbitration. She has been involved in disputes relating to e.g. joint ventures and shareholders’ agreements, energy-related matters, service agreements, employment law, EU insolvency and competition law. Laila has had a key role in several complex, high-stake and multi-jurisdictional investigations relating to suspicions of white-collar crime. She has particular experience in advising clients on anti-corruption matters. Laila has also conducted a number of compliance risk assessments e.g. in connection with transactions.
Prior to joining Roschier Laila worked for another law firm in Finland.
Laila Sivonen’s experience includes advising:
- In arbitration proceedings and acting as counsel under a variety of arbitration rules, such as FAI, SCC and ICC, as well as in ad hoc proceedings. Acting as counsel and representing clients in ancillary court proceedings.
- In litigation acting as counsel before the national courts e.g. in matters involving product liability and white collar crime;
- Clients on dispute risk management and alternative dispute resolution;
- Clients on building and implementing effective compliance programs as well as related policies;
- Clients on internal and/or external investigations concerning suspected misconduct as well as related risk management.
Roschier (2013-), Principal Associate (2021-)
Aldea Attorneys at Law Ltd. Associate (2011-2013)
Lindfors & Co. Attorneys at Law, Associate Lawyer (2011)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Member of Young Arbitration Club Finland (YACF)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association’s Committee on Education (2015-)
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (2011)