Roschier Insights Seminar: Whistleblowing and internal investigations II
We are arranging a hybrid event where our experts will discuss the Whistleblower Protection Directive, which entered into force at the end of 2019 and must be implemented nationally by 17 December 2021. The directive imposes new obligations on employers, including the establishment of an internal channel for reporting and the monitoring and investigation of notifications through the channel.
|When||Tuesday 12.10.2021, 8:30–10:30 (program starts at 9:00)|
|Where||Jura-Sali, Kasarmikatu 21 B, Helsinki or by livestream|
The aim of the Whistleblower Protection Directive is to encourage employees to report any compliance issues and to protect those who do so. In many cases, notifications coming through the reporting channel lead to extensive internal investigations. The directive and its requirements have a multitude of implications on, for example, matters related to employment law and data protection.
In June, we arranged a webinar, where we discussed topics relating to the Whistleblower Protection Directive, internal whistleblowing channels and internal investigations. In that webinar, questions arose regarding whistleblowing channels and investigations on a group level. Now, we will be discussing these questions in more detail.
We will, among other things, address these issues:
The national implementation of the directive – Laila Sivonen
- Status report on the implementation of the directive now that the draft law has been reviewed?
Employer’s checklist: what to consider – Mari Mohsen and Laila Sivonen
- What measures does the implementation of a whistleblower channel require?
- Who can handle notifications sent through the whistleblower channel?
- Do all notifications have to be investigated?
- When should you use external experts in an investigation?
Data protection and whistleblowing channels – Johanna Lilja
- Changes proposed to the employee privacy laws and restrictions on whistleblower investigations imposed by the Finnish employee privacy laws.
- How long can you keep the information from the whistleblowing channel?
- Are the ePrivacy rules compatible with the effective investigation of whistleblowing info?
Investigations by the authorities and the whistleblowing channel – Ami Paanajärvi
- How do the competition authority’s extensive investigative powers relate to information obtained through a whistleblowing channel?
- How should anonymous notifications through the whistleblower channel be handled?
- How to ensure both the company’s right to defense and the whistleblower’s right to protection?
Ask and WhistleB answers – Vera Nilsson, WhistleB
- What do you want to know about whistleblowing systems, their technical features and the implementation?
This is a hybrid event, and you can choose to attend in person or by livestream. We are monitoring the COVID-related regulations and will let you know whether there are any changes as regards the arrangements. The event will be in Finnish and for clients, by invitation only. If you haven’t received an invitation and would like one, please contact email@example.com. Welcome!