Jonne Järvi is a Partner and head of Roschier’s Finance & Restructuring practice in Helsinki. Jonne advises financial institutions, sponsors, and borrowers in a wide range of financing transactions, including project finance and real estate finance as well as corporate lending and financial restructuring. He has extensive experience from energy and infrastructure related financing and other large scale investment transactions.
Jonne is recognized as one of the leading Banking & Finance experts in Finland by international directories such as Chambers Europe/Global, The Legal 500 and IFLR1000.
According to clients Jonne is “a very capable partner” who has “hands-on and solution-oriented approach” and who is “very pleasant to work with” (The Legal 500, 2023). Further, Jonne is described as “a brilliant lawyer and always focuses on the underlying commercial issues and the best interests of the client” (Chambers Global, 2022); he is “solution-oriented,” and “good in negotiations and at explaining things” (Chambers Europe, 2020).
Jonne has “very good knowledge of project financing and is nice to work with” (Chambers Global, 2023). He is further described as “very active during the process and available at all times,” adding that “he gave valuable insights” (Chambers Europe, 2019) and is a “good problem solver” (Chambers Europe, 2021). Clients also appreciate Jonne’s ability to “understand the broader business perspective” (Chambers Global, 2018). One client comments: “Jonne is service oriented and has a pragmatic approach” (The Legal 500, 2022).
Jonne Järvi’s experience includes advising:
- The Province of Quebec in the acquisition of the Helsinki Shipyard;
- SEB in the refinancing of the Murtomäki wind farm owned by Ålandsbanken Wind Power Fund;
- Downing in the acquisition of an onshore wind farm in Finland;
- SEB and Nordea in a series of loan transactions for Helen and Ålandsbanken Wind Power Fund to finance the acquisition and construction of four wind farms, comprising a total of 84 wind turbines with a joint capacity of 500MW;
- AIP in the project financing of the Västervik, Isokeidas, Somero and Jäkäläkangas wind farms owned by Ilmatar Energy;
- Taaleri Energia in the EUR 44m development portfolio financing from a European infrastructure and energy lender;
- A consortium of Finnish energy companies, comprising Kymppivoima, Oulun Energia and Kuopion Energia, in the acquisition of a wind farm in Lestijärvi from wind and solar farm developer OX2, for approximately EUR 650 million;
- Renewable Power Capital in the acquisition of a 171 MW wind projects portfolio from OX2;
- The lenders EIB, NIB and OP Commercial Bank in the school PPP project in Espoo, Finland in 2020;
- DekaBank in the EUR 145m project financing of the Louhukangas and Möksy onshore wind farms owned by llmatar Energy and The Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc;
- EIB in the financing for Metsä Fibre Oy, a part of Metsä Group, for its investment in the EUR 1.6 billion bioproduct mill in Kemi, Finland in 2021;
- The arrangers in the EUR 70 million green project bond issued by Fintoil Hamina Oy to finance the construction of a tall oil refinery in Hamina, Finland in 2021;
- Taaleri Energia in the EUR 287 million refinancing of a 211 MW Finnish onshore wind portfolio with UniCredit;
- SEB in the project financing of the Voimamylly and Rasakangas wind farm projects owned by Ilmatar Energy;
- Taaleri Energia in the project financing by SEB and ING of the Isoneva and Murtotuuli wind farms totaling 252 MW;
- Tieto Corporation in its combination with EVRY ASA through a statutory cross border merger;
- Loxam S.A.S in its EUR 970 million public tender offer for Ramirent Plc;
- Investor consortium led by ANTA Sports Products Limited in the EUR 4.6 billion public offer for Amer Sports Corporation;
- Relais Group Oy in its purchase of the shares in AB Reservdelar and Huzells i Karlstad AB from Nordic Industry Development, which became a substantial shareholder of Relais Group in the transaction;
- Prior to joining Roschier, acting for sponsors or lenders in connection with three motorway PPP projects and project financing of e.g. an LNG terminal, a soy protein processing plant, three large scale real estate development and construction projects (two malls and an icehockey arena), power plants, a bioproduct mill and several wind farms.
Castrén & Snellman, Partner-elect (2018), Counsel (2016-2018), Senior Associate (2011-2016), Associate (2007-2011)
Nordea /Helsinki, Senior Legal Counsel, Secondment (2013-2018)
SEB /Stockholm, Legal Counsel, Secondment (2010-2011)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Member of the Law Society of Finland
Member of the International Bar Association
Hanken School of Economics, M.Sc. (Econ.) (2007)
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (2005)
English, Finnish, Swedish
A brilliant lawyer and always focuses on the underlying commercial issues and the best interests of the client.Chambers Global