Janne Nurminen is a Helsinki-based Senior Associate specialized in employment law, with a special focus on transactional employment law, reorganization of workforce as well as collective and individual termination of employment. His previous experience includes training at the bench at the District Court of Tampere. Janne was awarded the Attorney of the Year award by the Helsinki Bar Association in 2012 for his work related to the coordination of a pro bono legal advice service offered by members of the Bar.
Janne is recognized in the field of employment by the international legal directory Chambers Europe. Clients describe him as “a bright and clever individual who is certainly well informed” (Chambers Europe, 2018). He is also considered “courageous and having really good knowledge in the field” (Chambers Europe, 2019). Further according to clients, he delivers “to-the-point advice” in addition to being “fast, efficient and professional” (Chambers Europe, 2017) and is “polite, knowledgeable, always prepared, quick at answering and a good partner for discussion” (Chambers Europe, 2016).
Janne Nurminen’s experience includes advising:
- A Finnish subsidiary of a global listed group in litigation instituted by former employee and management team member relating to the termination of his employment due to criminal act;
- Orkla and its subsidiary Pierre Robert in the acquisition of four well-known textile brands Norlyn, Amar, Black Horse and Finnwear from Nanso Group;
- A Finnish subsidiary of an international group in litigation instituted by the subsidiary’s former managerial employee relating to the immediate termination of his employment due to serious omissions and mistrust;
- Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. with employment law advice following its public tender offer for Biotie Therapies Corporation;
- A Finnish-Swedish international company group with drafting of new template agreements for Swedish and Finnish top management employees;
- A Finnish listed company with employee consultations concerning approx. 3,000 employees and resulting in the redundancy termination of approx. 300 employees.
Law clerk, trained at the Bench (2007)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Member of the Finnish Society for Labour and Social Security Law
Member of the European Employment Lawyers Association EELA
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (2006)
English, Finnish, Swedish
Polite, knowledgeable, always prepared, quick at answering and a good partner for discussion. Chambers Europe