Shirin Saif is a Stockholm-based Partner and a member of the Dispute Resolution team. Shirin has provided advice and representation in multiple proceedings conducted under the SCC, ICC and UNCITRAL Rules and before numerous European courts. She has particular expertise in complex, high-value commercial and investment treaty arbitrations arising out of the energy sector and large infrastructure and construction projects, but also has experience in a broad range of areas, including technology, post M&A, media & entertainment, and retail & wholesale. She also acts as an arbitrator and administrative secretary. In addition to her Swedish LL.M. degree, Shirin holds an LL.M. degree from UCLA.
According to clients Shirin “punches well above her years of qualification, she is an exceptional talent and has the maturity, poise and presentation skills that will take her far” (The Legal 500, 2020).
Shirin Saif’s experience includes advising:
- A world-leading oil and gas company against an energy provider in challenge proceedings before the Court of Appeals concerning an underlying dispute valued at USD 250 million;
- A Middle-Eastern state against a contractor in a USD 450 million construction dispute under the UNCITRAL Rules;
- A commercial satellite company in an UNCITRAL arbitration against a CIS space company regarding a satellite launch services agreement;
- A global transportation company against the Swedish subcontractor in an infrastructure dispute under the SCC Rules;
- A leading company in the wine and spirits industry against the Swedish state-owned alcohol sales monopoly Systembolaget in challenge proceedings in both the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court;
- In an investment treaty arbitration as administrative secretary to the arbitral tribunal between an energy company and a European state under the Energy Charter Treaty.
Roschier (2016-), Senior Associate (2016-2020), Partner since 2020
Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå, Senior Associate in Stockholm and Moscow (2012-2016)
Danowsky & Partners, Associate (2009-2010)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Member of the Young Arbitrators Sweden (YAS)
Member of the Swedish Arbitration Association
Member of the Young Arbitrators Forum of the International Chamber of Commerce
Member of the ICDR Young and Professional
University of California, Los Angeles, LL.M. (2011)
Uppsala University, LL.M. (2009)
English, Swedish, Farsi
An exceptional talent. The Legal 500