Rene Male is a Helsinki-based Senior Associate specialized in private M&A and energy & infrastructure. Rene has experience in various cross-border M&A transactions and infrastructure projects in the energy sector. His experience also includes a number of real estate and project finance transactions. Rene joined the firm in 2017.
Rene is recognized by clients in the Legal 500 as “clear, committed and smart” adding that he “has always delivered in a professional fashion” (The Legal 500, 2023).
Rene Male’s experience includes advising:
- Outokumpu in the divestment of the majority of its Long Products business operations to Marcegaglia Steel Group;
- InfraVia Capital Partners in the sale of Aurora Infrastructure Oy to the funds managed by Equitix;
- A consortium of Finnish energy companies, comprising Kymppivoima, Oulun Energia and Kuopion Energia, in the acquisition of a wind farm in Lestijärvi from wind and solar farm developer OX2, for approximately EUR 650 million;
- Suomen Autokauppa (Saka) in connection with Ilmarinen’s and ELO’s investments in Saka;
- Renewable Power Capital in the acquisition of a portfolio of onshore wind projects with a total capacity of 171MW, located in Finland, from OX2. Roschier represented RPC in the EUR 245 million transaction;
- Cognizant in the acquisition of Oy Samlink Ab from Oma Savings Bank Plc, Savings Banks’ Union Coop, POP Banks, Aktia plc, Posti Group Corporation and Svenska Handelsbanken AB (publ), Branch Operation in Finland and certain minority shareholders;
- A-Katsastus Group Oy and Bridgepoint in the sale of a majority stake of A-Katsastus Group’s damage inspection and collision repair services as well as statutory vehicle inspection, registration and drivers’ examination services to MB Funds;
- Relais Group Oy in its purchase of the shares in AB Reservdelar and Huzells i Karlstad AB from Nordic Industry Development, which became a substantial shareholder of Relais Group in the transaction;
- Providence Equity Partners-backed Superstruct in its investment in Flow Festival Oy;
- First State Investments, a global asset management business, in the sale of Digita Oy to Digital Colony, a global investment firm focused on enabling the next generation of mobile and internet infrastructure;
- Global working-at-heights and safety products and solutions provider Tractel in the acquisition of Scanclimber, a producer of vertical access products, from OP Corporate Bank plc; and
- A-Katsastus Group Oy and Bridgepoint in the sale of A-Katsastus Group’s business operations in Sweden, Estonia, Latvia and Poland to IK Investment Partners.
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (2017)
English, Finnish, Polish
Clear, committed, smart and professional.The Legal 500