Petri Avikainen is a Helsinki-based Partner specialized particularly in Equity Capital Markets and Public M&A. He has more than 20 years of experience of capital markets transactions, including equity, equity-linked and debt capital markets as well as public tender offers and listed company mergers.
Petri also regularly advises Finnish listed companies and other corporate and investment banking clients on issues related to Finnish corporate and securities laws. During his career, he has advised on numerous market-leading and complex first-of-a-kind Finnish capital markets and corporate transactions.
He joined Roschier as a Partner in 2022.
Petri is ranked as one of the leading capital markets experts in Finland by Chambers Global/Europe, IFLR1000 and The Legal 500.
Petri is described as “a go-to-person with complex cross-border bond projects. He is clearly the leading expert in prospectus regulation and offering regulation and market conventions” (The Legal 500, 2023) and as “one of the best in capital markets cases, working on both debt and equity transactions” (Chambers Global, 2022) adding that he is “unique in his understanding and knowledge of the international capital markets” (The Legal 500, 2022). Further, Petri is described as “a phenomenal expert in securities law, with in-depth knowledge and pragmatic analysis” (Chambers Europe, 2021).
Petri Avikainen’s experience includes advising:
- Rovio Entertainment Corporation in the EUR 700 million all cash takeover of all shares in Rovio by Sega Europe;
- Solidium Oy in its EUR 130 million sale of shares in Kemira Oyj to institutional investors;
- Enersense International Plc in its offering of EUR 26 million senior unsecured conditionally convertible notes due January 2027;
- Nordea Bank Abp as the manager in the EUR 30 million IPO of Koskisen Group and listing of its shares on the official list of Nasdaq Helsinki;
- Bain Capital-led consortium in the cash tender offer for all shares in Caverion;
- Lassila & Tikanoja in its issue of EUR 75 million sustainability-linked bonds and the tender offer on existing EUR 50 million bonds due 2023;
- Sampo plc in its EUR 1.84 billion sale of shares in Nordea Bank Plc to institutional investors; and
- Basware Corporation in the public cash tender offer for the shares in the company by a consortium of investors comprising Accel-KKR Capital Partners VI, LP, Long Path Holdings 1, LP and Briarwood Capital Partners LP through Sapphire BidCo Ltd.
Roschier (2022-); Partner (2022-)
White & Case LLP (2000-2022); Associate (2000-2009), Partner (2010-2022)
The Finnish Bar Association
University of Turku, LL.M (1999)
A go-to-person with complex cross-border bond projects. He is clearly the leading expert in prospectus regulation and offering regulation and market conventions.The Legal 500