Miikka Konttinen is a Helsinki-based Partner specialized in TMT, projects and energy, outsourcing, and digitalization. Miikka has extensive experience from advising on various technology-related matters such as business transformation projects, data- and platform driven contracting models, cloud services, operate & maintain agreements as well as large-scale industrial projects (green and brownfield, joint ventures, over the fence delivery models, process licensing, etc.), construction and sourcing contracts.
Due to his previous background as an in-house counsel and a member of the Procurement Management Team at Neste Corporation, Miikka has hands-on experience of contract management, claim management and sourcing processes.
Miikka is recognized as one of the leading individuals in Finland within TMT, project development and information technology by international directories, such as Chambers Europe, The Legal 500, IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal. Clients describe Miikka as a “very knowledgeable and a dedicated specialist” (Chambers Europe, 2020) and a “great individual” (Chambers Europe, 2019). He is recognized for having “an excellent understanding of IT operations, which supports very well the legal negotiations with suppliers” (The Legal 500, 2020). Further, clients praise Miikka for his “exceptionally good capabilities at the negotiation strategy creation level as well as performing the negotiations” (The Legal 500, 2020).
Miikka Konttinen’s experience includes advising:
- Nokia Corporation in its R&D Campus project development to Oulu, Finland;
- Finnish Minerals Group in the establishment of a CAM plant in Kotka, Finland together with Beijing Easpring Material Technology Co., Ltd;
- Finnish Minerals Group in the establishment of a pCAM battery plant in Hamina, Finland together with CNGR Advanced Material;
- Finnish Minerals Group in relation to their strategic partnership with Johnson Matthey plc’s battery materials plant in Vaasa, Finland; and
- Baltic Connector Oy in relation to the construction of the Balticconnector pipeline.
- Fortum in the sale of a majority stake in its Nordic electric vehicle charging point operator Fortum Recharge to Infracapital;
- Neste in a major corporate-wide business process transformation programme under which Neste implements globally new business processes and procures IT systems and services to support the new processes;
- Metso Outotec in major IT projects including global IT outsourcing deal as well software licensing & cloud procurements; and
- Epic Systems Corporation in all legal matters in Finland including for example the Apotti program under which the public healthcare and social care providers in the Metropolitan area of Helsinki and certain surrounding local governments are transforming their way of working and procuring a new client and patient data system from our client.
Roschier (2017-); Principal Associate (2018-2020), Partner since 2020
Castrén & Snellman, Counsel (2016-2017); Senior Associate (2015-2016)
Neste Corporation, Legal Counsel (2008-2015)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Member of the Finnish IT Law Association
Member of Finnish Association for Industrial Property Rights (STY)
International Nuclear Law Association in Finland (Kansainvälinen ydinlakiyhdistys Suomessa – Kylys ry.)
The Society of Construction Law (UK)
The Finnish IT Law Association, Secretary of the Board (2016-2017); Chairman of the Board (2017-2018)
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (2008)
Very knowledgeable and a dedicated specialist.Chambers Europe