John Park is a Stockholm-based Senior Associate specializing in IT, intellectual property, commercial contracts and data protection. John has extensive experience from advising technology intensive clients in various IP and technology related matters, such as a wide range of complex commercial contracts, transactions and cross-border data protection compliance implementations.
John is recognized as a Rising Star by international legal directory Managing IP (IP Stars).
John Park’s experience includes advising:
- Philip Morris International in the sale of SMD Logistics to R12;
- CVC with the acquisition of Visma’s consulting business focused on digital transformation, formerly a part of Visma Custom Solutions;
- Bonnier News in its SEK 455 million public offer for all shares in Readly;
- Vinted in the SEK 315 million public offer for all shares in Rebelle;
- Bonnier Ventures in their investment in diagnostics company Elypta;
- Aareon AG in its acquisition and delisting of Momentum Software Group;
- Solör Bioenergi Holding in the acquisition of the district heating company Ale Fjärrvärme;
- Nordstjernan in its investment in med-tech company Ascilion;
- Stunlock Studios in connection with Tencent’s majority stake investment in Stunlock Studios; and
- Nordstjernan in its investment in insurtech company Insurello.
Törngren Magnell & Partners Advokatfirma, Associate (2019-2021)
Sandvik, Visiting lawyer (2020-2021)
EY Law, Associate (2018-2019)
Törngren Magnell & Partners Advokatfirma, Associate (2017-2018)
AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals)
Data Protection Forum (Forum för dataskydd)
The Swedish Association for IT and law (Svenska föreningen för IT och juridik)
Uppsala University, LL.M. (2017)
English, Swedish, Korean