Jenny Welander Wadström
Jenny Welander Wadström is a Stockholm-based Partner and Head of the firm’s Employment practice. She has extensive experience from a broad range of employment and pension law issues including advice relating to mergers and acquisitions as well as restructurings, various general employment law matters, disputes and negotiations.
Jenny’s previous work experience includes working for another major law firm in Sweden as well as for the Swedish Labour Court and Swedish Match AB.
Jenny is recognized as one of the leading experts in Sweden within employment law by international legal directories such as Chambers Europe, The Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal.
According to clients Jenny is “a skilled practitioner with great knowledge and experience of a wide variety of HR issues and challenges” (Chambers Europe, 2019) adding that “she understands complex and sensitive problems right away” (The Legal 500, 2019). Further, clients praise Jenny for being “business-oriented and highly-skilled” (Who’s Who Legal, 2018), “knowledgeable, very responsive and pleasant to work with” (Chambers Europe, 2018), and they appreciate her being “a role model in how to lead the next generation” (Who’s Who Legal, 2018).
Jenny Welander Wadström’s experience includes advising:
- Aleris in its SEK 2.6 billion divestment of Aleris Omsorg to Ambea;
- Funds advised by IK Investment Partners in the acquisition of KPMG Sweden’s Business Accounting Service;
- Funds advised by IK Investment Partners in the acquisition of PwC Sweden’s Business Services division;
- Sandvik in the SEK 4 billion divestment of Hyperion to KKR;
- Sandvik in the carve-out and divestment of the Sandvik Process Systems division to FAM AB, owned by the three largest Wallenberg foundations;
- Guy Hands in the acquisition of McDonald’s Nordic operations, consisting of local operating companies in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland;
- Atlas Copco in the sale of its Road Construction Equipment division to Fayat Group.
Roschier (2010-), Partner since 2015
Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå, Associate (2004-2010)
The Swedish Labour Court, Deputy Assistant Judge (2007-2008)
Swedish Match AB, Visiting lawyer (2005)
The Administrative Court of Skåne, Law clerk (2001-2003)
University of Lund, Faculty of law, Research assistant (1998-2001)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Member of the International Bar Association
Member of Arbetsrättsliga föreningen
Member of TRESS
Member of EELA
“Restrictive covenants – The Nordic way”, article published in Festskrift till Ann Numhauser-Henning, Juristförlaget i Lund, 2017
“Fri rörlighet och social trygghet” (“Free movement and social security. Regulation No 1408/71 (EEG) and Swedish social security in application”) with E Berg, 2003
University of Lund, LL.M (2001)
University of Tilburg (1999)
University of Sorbonne (2001)
English, Swedish, French
A skilled practitioner with great knowledge and experience of a wide variety of HR issues and challenges. Chambers Europe