Jenny Welander Wadström
Jenny Welander Wadström is a Stockholm-based Partner and Head of the firm’s Employment practice. She has extensive experience from a broad range of employment and pension law issues including advice relating to mergers and acquisitions as well as restructurings, various general employment law matters, disputes and negotiations.
Jenny’s previous work experience includes working for another major law firm in Sweden as well as for the Swedish Labour Court and Swedish Match AB.
Jenny is recognized as one of the leading experts in Sweden within employment law by international legal directories such as Chambers Europe, The Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal which also ranks her as a Thought Leader in Labour & Employment (2021). In addition, Jenny was the exclusive winner of the International Law Office (ILO) Client Choice Award of the Labour & Employment category for Sweden in 2020.
According to clients Jenny is “a skilled practitioner with great knowledge and experience of a wide variety of HR issues and challenges” (Chambers Europe, 2019). One client comments: “Jenny is a trusted partner or ours that we can always rely on. She gives advice with quick turnaround when requested. A true star!” (The Legal 500, 2022). Further, clients say that “Jenny has an impressive skill to understand the desired end-goal which makes the legal process efficient and on point” (Client Choice Awards, 2020) and they highlight her as an individual who is “very skilled, business oriented, timely and always delivering above expectations” (The Legal 500, 2020), as well as “always spot-on and tactically appropriate” (Chambers Europe, 2022). One client notes that she “is extremely professional and interested in understanding her client’s business in order to provide the most efficient support” (Chambers Europe, 2021). She is also praised for being “extremely responsive throughout the process” as well as “incredibly educational and clear in her advice” (The Legal 500, 2020). Further, clients also appreciate her “unrivalled ability to articulate the Swedish employment law landscape” and that she is “always able to navigate clients through the most complex issues” (Who’s Who Legal, 2020). She is also described as “a cornerstone in Swedish employment and pensions law” (Who’s Who Legal, 2022).
Jenny Welander Wadström’s experience includes advising:
- Bonnier Ventures in their investment in diagnostics company Elypta;
- Philip Morris International in its SEK 161 billion public offer for all shares in Swedish Match;
- Castellum in the SEK 26.9 billion public offer for Kungsleden;
- Fortum in the sale of its 50 percent ownership in Stockholm Exergi Holding to an investor consortium led by APG;
- CVC Capital Partners in the acquisition of Stark Group;
- Aleris in its SEK 2.6 billion divestment of Aleris Omsorg to Ambea;
- Funds advised by IK Investment Partners in the acquisition of KPMG Sweden’s Business Accounting Service;
- Funds advised by IK Investment Partners in the acquisition of PwC Sweden’s Business Services division;
- Sandvik in the SEK 4 billion divestment of Hyperion to KKR;
- Guy Hands in the acquisition of McDonald’s Nordic operations, consisting of local operating companies in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland;
- Atlas Copco in the sale of its Road Construction Equipment division to Fayat Group.
Roschier (2010-), Partner since 2015
Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå, Senior Associate (2004-2010)
The Swedish Labour Court, Deputy Assistant Judge (2007-2008)
Swedish Match AB, Visiting lawyer (2005)
The Administrative Court of Skåne, Law clerk (2001-2003)
University of Lund, Faculty of law, Research assistant (1998-2001)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Member of the International Bar Association
Member of Arbetsrättsliga föreningen
Member of TRESS
Member of EELA
“Restrictive covenants – The Nordic way”, article published in Festskrift till Ann Numhauser-Henning, Juristförlaget i Lund, 2017
“Fri rörlighet och social trygghet” (“Free movement and social security. Regulation No 1408/71 (EEG) and Swedish social security in application”) with E Berg, 2003
University of Lund, LL.M (2001)
University of Tilburg (1999)
University of Sorbonne (2001)
English, Swedish, French
Jenny is a trusted partner of ours that we can always rely on. Gives advice with quick turnaround when requested. A true star!The Legal 500