Björn Johansson Heigis
Björn Johansson Heigis is a Stockholm-based Partner and Head of Roschier’s Data Protection, Digitalization & TMT, and Outsourcing practices in Sweden. He is specialized in intellectual property, dispute resolution, ICT and IP transactions, as well as data protection and licensing.
In addition to his LL.M. degree, Björn holds a post-graduate LL.M. degree from Bond University, Australia. His previous experience includes working at Mannheimer Swartling and Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson.
Björn is recognized in Intellectual Property as well as TMT and Information Technology in Sweden by international legal directories such as Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, The Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal.
According to clients Björn is “client focused and easy to approach with an excellent knowledge of the market and developments“ (The Legal 500, 2020), “helpful and solution driven” (IFLR1000, 31st edition) as well as “a skilled attorney” (Chambers Europe, 2019) with “outstanding communication skills” (Chambers Global, 2022). He is further described as someone who “doesn’t give up” and who “puts in the extra time to understand” (Chambers Europe, 2020). Clients also highlight his strong technical skills and praise him for giving precise answers to questions, which makes him “easy to work with” (Chambers Europe, 2018). Furthermore, clients note that “he is great at communicating risk” (Chambers Europe, 2021). Björn is also praised for his “great knowledge in privacy matters”. One client comments: “I truly appreciate and admire his ability to quickly grasp complex structures and questions, that he is always pragmatic and always suggesting solutions, his fast and accurate drafting skills and his calmness in every situation” (The Legal 500, 2022).
Björn Johansson Heigis’ experience includes advising:
- GRO Capital in its acquisition of Netigate;
- Solör Bioenergi in the acquisition of Lantmännen Agrovärme;
- Bonnier Ventures in their investment in diagnostics company Elypta;
- Searchlight Capital Partners in the sale of Opus Bilprovning to Arcus;
- Solör Bioenergi Holding in the acquisition of the district heating company Ale Fjärrvärme;
- IK Partners in the acquisition of Truesec;
- Nalka in its acquisition of CERTEGO from ASSA ABLOY;
- R12 Kapital in its sale of Aditro to SD Worx People Solutions;
- Nordstjernan in its investment in fintech company Roaring;
- Ingka Investment in its investment in Ikano Bank;
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in KRY’s €140 million capital raise;
- Patricia Industries, part of Investor, in the divestment of Aleris’ eleven health centers and three rehabilitation centers in Stockholm and Uppsala, to Lideta;
- Patricia Industries, part of Investor, in the SEK 2.8 billion sale of Aleris to Triton;
- Aleris in its SEK 2.6 billion divestment of Aleris Omsorg to Ambea;
- Funds advised by IK Investment Partners in the acquisition of PwC Sweden’s Business Services division;
- Sandvik in the SEK 4 billion divestment of Hyperion to KKR;
- Sandvik in the carve-out and divestment of the Sandvik Process Systems division to FAM AB, owned by the three largest Wallenberg foundations;
- Guy Hands in the acquisition of McDonald’s Nordic operations, consisting of local operating companies in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland;
- Atlas Copco in the sale of its Road Construction Equipment division to Fayat Group;
- TDC A/S in the SEK 2.9 billion sale of TDC Sverige AB to Tele2 Sverige AB.
Roschier (2011-), Partner since 2016
Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå, Associate (2006-2011)
Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Visiting lawyer (2008-2009)
Mölndal District Court, Law clerk (2003-2005)
Center for Intellectual Property studies, Research assistant/lecturer (2002-2003)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Member of the Young Arbitrators Sweden (YAS)
The Swedish Law and Informatics Research Institute (IRI), Board Member (2020-)
Bond University, Australia, LL.M. (2006)
University of Gothenburg, LL.M. (2002)
Client focused and easy to approach with an excellent knowledge of the market and developments.The Legal 500