Björn Johansson Heigis
Björn Johansson Heigis is a Stockholm-based Partner and Head of Roschier’s Data Protection, Digitalization & TMT, and Outsourcing practices in Sweden. He is specialized in intellectual property, dispute resolution, ICT and IP transactions, as well as data protection and licensing.
In addition to his LL.M. degree, Björn holds a post-graduate LL.M. degree from Bond University, Australia. His previous experience includes working at Mannheimer Swartling and Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson.
Björn is recognized in IP as well as TMT and Information Technology in Sweden by international legal directories such as Chambers Europe, Chambers Global and Who’s Who Legal. According to clients Björn is “a good communicator and skilled attorney” (Chambers Europe, 2019). Clients also highlight his strong technical skills and praise him for giving precise answers to questions, which makes him “easy to work with” (Chambers Europe, 2018).
Björn Johansson Heigis’ experience includes advising:
- Patricia Industries, part of Investor, in the divestment of Aleris’ eleven health centers and three rehabilitation centers in Stockholm and Uppsala, to Lideta;
- Patricia Industries, part of Investor, in the SEK 2.8 billion sale of Aleris to Triton;
- Aleris in its SEK 2.6 billion divestment of Aleris Omsorg to Ambea;
- Funds advised by IK Investment Partners in the acquisition of PwC Sweden’s Business Services division;
- Sandvik in the SEK 4 billion divestment of Hyperion to KKR;
- Sandvik in the carve-out and divestment of the Sandvik Process Systems division to FAM AB, owned by the three largest Wallenberg foundations;
- Guy Hands in the acquisition of McDonald’s Nordic operations, consisting of local operating companies in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland;
- Atlas Copco in the sale of its Road Construction Equipment division to Fayat Group;
- TDC A/S in the SEK 2.9 billion sale of TDC Sverige AB to Tele2 Sverige AB.
Roschier (2011-), Partner since 2016
Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå, Associate (2006-2011)
Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Visiting lawyer (2008-2009)
Mölndal District Court, Law clerk (2003-2005)
Center for Intellectual Property studies, Research assistant/lecturer (2002-2003)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Member of the Young Arbitrators Sweden (YAS)
Bond University, Australia, LL.M. (2006)
University of Gothenburg, LL.M. (2002)
A good communicator and skilled attorney. Chambers Europe