Björn Johansson Heigis
Björn Johansson Heigis is a Stockholm-based Partner and Head of Roschier’s Data Protection, Digitalization & TMT, and Outsourcing practices in Sweden. He is specialized in intellectual property, dispute resolution, ICT and IP transactions, as well as data protection and licensing.
In addition to his LL.M. degree, Björn holds a post-graduate LL.M. degree from Bond University, Australia. His previous experience includes working at Mannheimer Swartling and Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson.
Björn is recognized in Intellectual Property as well as TMT and Information Technology in Sweden by international legal directories such as Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, The Legal 500, Who’s Who Legal and Managing IP (IP Stars).
According to clients, Björn is an “excellent lawyer with a grasp of the big picture” (The Legal 500, 2023). He has “an ability to quickly grasp complex structures and questions. He is pragmatic and always suggests solutions” (Chambers Europe, 2023). He is “great at communicating risk” (Chambers Europe, 2021), “client focused and easy to approach with an excellent knowledge of the market and developments” (The Legal 500, 2020). He is a “helpful and solution driven” (IFLR1000, 31st edition) individual with “outstanding communication skills” (Chambers Global, 2022).
Björn is further described as someone who “provides advice a client can act on” having an “excellent understanding of the market and business of his clients” (The Legal 500, 2023). According to clients, he “handles IT and data privacy matters with ease and provides hands-on advice” (The Legal 500, 2023); he is “very nice to work with” and he “understands client needs” (The Legal 500, 2023).
Björn Johansson Heigis’ experience includes advising:
- Outokumpu in its strategic investment in Envigas;
- Philip Morris International in the sale of SMD Logistics to R12;
- GRO in the sale of Tacton to Rubicon Technology Partners;
- Fortum in the acquisition of Telge Energi;
- GRO in its strategic investment in Curity;
- GRO in its investment in Paligo;
- CVC with the acquisition of Visma’s consulting business focused on digital transformation, formerly a part of Visma Custom Solutions;
- Bonnier News in its SEK 455 million public offer for all shares in Readly;
- GRO Capital in its acquisition of Netigate;
- Solör Bioenergi in the acquisition of Lantmännen Agrovärme;
- Bonnier Ventures in their investment in diagnostics company Elypta;
- Searchlight Capital Partners in the sale of Opus Bilprovning to Arcus;
- Solör Bioenergi Holding in the acquisition of the district heating company Ale Fjärrvärme;
- IK Partners in the acquisition of Truesec;
- Nalka in its acquisition of CERTEGO from ASSA ABLOY;
- R12 Kapital in its sale of Aditro to SD Worx People Solutions;
- Nordstjernan in its investment in fintech company Roaring;
- Ingka Investment in its investment in Ikano Bank;
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in KRY’s €140 million capital raise;
- Patricia Industries, part of Investor, in the divestment of Aleris’ eleven health centers and three rehabilitation centers in Stockholm and Uppsala, to Lideta;
- Patricia Industries, part of Investor, in the SEK 2.8 billion sale of Aleris to Triton;
- Aleris in its SEK 2.6 billion divestment of Aleris Omsorg to Ambea;
- Funds advised by IK Investment Partners in the acquisition of PwC Sweden’s Business Services division;
- Sandvik in the SEK 4 billion divestment of Hyperion to KKR;
- Sandvik in the carve-out and divestment of the Sandvik Process Systems division to FAM AB, owned by the three largest Wallenberg foundations;
- Guy Hands in the acquisition of McDonald’s Nordic operations, consisting of local operating companies in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland;
- Atlas Copco in the sale of its Road Construction Equipment division to Fayat Group;
- TDC A/S in the SEK 2.9 billion sale of TDC Sverige AB to Tele2 Sverige AB.
Roschier (2011-), Partner since 2016
Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå, Associate (2006-2011)
Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Visiting lawyer (2008-2009)
Mölndal District Court, Law clerk (2003-2005)
Center for Intellectual Property studies, Research assistant/lecturer (2002-2003)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Member of the Young Arbitrators Sweden (YAS)
The Swedish Law and Informatics Research Institute (IRI), Board Member (2020-)
Bond University, Australia, LL.M. (2006)
University of Gothenburg, LL.M. (2002)
Client focused and easy to approach with an excellent knowledge of the market and developments.The Legal 500