Partner Antti-Jussi Partanen is specialized in real estate, energy, private M&A and private equity matters. Antti-Jussi is regularly involved in complex transactional work, including multi-jurisdictional real estate portfolio transactions as well as infrastructure and energy related acquisitions and divestments. He has also in-depth experience in assignments related to company and contract law and dispute resolution.
Since joining Roschier in 2007, Antti-Jussi has also worked for a leading clean-energy company Fortum Corporation and a leading industrial engineering company Metso Corporation as a Visiting Lawyer.
Antti-Jussi is recognized as one of the key individuals in Finland within Real Estate by international directories such as the Legal 500. In addition, Antti-Jussi is ranked as a Rising Star Partner in Finland within project development and M&A by IFLR1000. According to clients Antti-Jussi is ”extremely dedicated to a transaction, has an excellent understanding of the Finnish and international market practice and has very strong negotiating skills” (The Legal 500, 2020). Further, he “simplifies complex issues well and is always on hand to provide advice” (The Legal 500, 2021).
Antti-Jussi Partanen’s experience includes advising:
- Altaal and Carnegie in the establishment of a new investment company and its acquisition of Ramboll’s Finnish headquarters;
- WasaGroup Funds Oy on the divestment of a commercial real estate portfolio to a fund managed by Elite Alfred Berg;
- WasaGroup Funds Oy on the divestment of nine educational and care segment properties to Samhällsbyggnadsbolaget i Norden AB;
- The buyer in the acquisition of two logistics properties in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area with a total leasable area of ca. 26,500 sqm;
- Fortum in the sale of its district heating business in the Järvenpää-Tuusula area in Finland to a consortium consisting of Vantaa Energy Ltd, Infranode, and Keva;
- The buyer in the acquisition of Juvanmalmi logistics center, located in the Helsinki metropolitan area, from Genesta;
- The buyer in the acquisition of an industrial and warehouse property with a total leasable area of ca. 19,500 sqm located in the Koskelo light industrial area in Helsinki region;
- Fortum in the divestment of the majority stake in its Nordic wind portfolio to funds advised by Credit Suisse Energy Infrastructure Partners;
- KanAm Grund in its acquisition of office projects in Vallila, Helsinki from NCC Property Development;
- Amundi Real Estate in the sale of office buildings in Alberga Business Park located in Leppävaara, Espoo to eQ Finnish Real Estate Fund;
- Pareto Securities in the acquisition of the SOK headquarter in Helsinki; and
- Cromwell European Real Estate Investment Trust (CEREIT), a Singapore real estate investment trust with a diversified Pan-European portfolio, in a multi-jurisdictional real estate transaction where CEREIT acquired in total 16 office properties in Finland, Poland and the Netherlands.
Roschier (2007-), Principal Associate (2017-2020), Partner since 2020
Fortum Corporation (M&A Legal), Visiting Lawyer (2015)
Fortum Corporation (Legal Affairs), Visiting Lawyer (2011)
Metso Minerals Oy, Visiting Lawyer (2008)
Metso Automation Oy, Visiting Lawyer (2008)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Member of the Finnish Corporate Law Association
Member of the Young Arbitration Club Finland (YACF)
Young Lawyers Association (NULA)
Danube University Krems, MBA (2010)
University of Turku, LL.M. (2007)
Extremely dedicated to a transaction, has an excellent understanding of the Finnish and international market practice and has very strong negotiating skills. The Legal 500