Antti-Jussi Partanen is Head of Roschier’s Real Estate practice in Finland. He is specialized in real estate, energy and private M&A matters. Antti-Jussi is regularly involved in complex transactional work, including large-scale real estate transactions as well as infrastructure and energy related acquisitions and divestments. He has also in-depth experience in assignments related to real estate financing as well as company and contract law.
Since joining Roschier in 2007, Antti-Jussi has also worked for a leading clean-energy company Fortum Corporation and a leading industrial engineering company Metso Corporation as a Visiting Lawyer.
Antti-Jussi is recognized as one of the key individuals in Finland within Real Estate by international directories such as Chambers Europe and the Legal 500. In addition, Antti-Jussi is ranked as a Rising Star Partner in Finland within project development and M&A by IFLR1000.
According to clients Antti-Jussi is “very knowledgeable on the legal aspects of the sector and has a great understanding of the commercial aspects that are important for the players in the industry”; he is “extremely hands-on and great to have in the team to ensure that the project is completed as planned” (IFLR1000, 2020/2021, 31st edition). In addition, clients praise Antti-Jussi for being ”extremely dedicated to a transaction, has an excellent understanding of the Finnish and international market practice and has very strong negotiating skills” (The Legal 500, 2020). Further, he “simplifies complex issues well and is always on hand to provide advice” (The Legal 500, 2021).
Antti-Jussi Partanen’s experience includes advising:
- Hedin Mobility Group in the acquisition of Laakkonen Group’s automotive business;
- Blackstone in the EUR 21 billion recapitalization of Mileway;
- WasaGroup Funds in the divestment of a retail property portfolio consisting of five retail assets located in Vaasa, Finland to Serena Properties AB;
- Stockmann plc in the EUR 400 million sale and leaseback arrangement relating to Stockmann’s flagship department store property with the Finnish pension provider Keva as purchaser;
- Nokia in the ongoing project to build a new campus on the Linnanmaa-Ritaharju plot in Oulu, Finland expected to be completed during 2025;
- The buyer of a modern, multi-tenant warehouse property in the middle of the urban last-mile area of Tammisto, Vantaa in the metropolitan area around Helsinki from Elo Mutual Pension Insurance Company;
- AXA IM Alts in the acquisition of a large Nordic logistics portfolio from NREP;
- MSD Finland Oy in the sale and leaseback of an office property in Keilaniemi, Espoo to Skanska’s property development company;
- Altaal and Carnegie in the acquisition of an office property in north-western Helsinki;
- Altaal and Carnegie in the acquisition of an office building in Espoo;
- Altaal and Carnegie in the establishment of a new investment company and its acquisition of Ramboll’s Finnish headquarters;
- WasaGroup Funds Oy on the divestment of a commercial real estate portfolio to a fund managed by Elite Alfred Berg;
- WasaGroup Funds Oy on the divestment of nine educational and care segment properties to Samhällsbyggnadsbolaget i Norden AB;
- The buyer in the acquisition of two logistics properties in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area with a total leasable area of ca. 26,500 sqm;
- Fortum in the sale of its district heating business in the Järvenpää-Tuusula area in Finland to a consortium consisting of Vantaa Energy Ltd, Infranode, and Keva;
- The buyer in the acquisition of Juvanmalmi logistics center, located in the Helsinki metropolitan area, from Genesta;
- The buyer in the acquisition of an industrial and warehouse property with a total leasable area of ca. 19,500 sqm located in the Koskelo light industrial area in Helsinki region;
- Fortum in the divestment of the majority stake in its Nordic wind portfolio to funds advised by Credit Suisse Energy Infrastructure Partners;
- KanAm Grund in its acquisition of office projects in Vallila, Helsinki from NCC Property Development;
- Amundi Real Estate in the sale of office buildings in Alberga Business Park located in Leppävaara, Espoo to eQ Finnish Real Estate Fund;
- Pareto Securities in the acquisition of the SOK headquarter in Helsinki; and
- Cromwell European Real Estate Investment Trust (CEREIT), a Singapore real estate investment trust with a diversified Pan-European portfolio, in a multi-jurisdictional real estate transaction where CEREIT acquired in total 16 office properties in Finland, Poland and the Netherlands.
Roschier (2007-), Principal Associate (2017-2020), Partner since 2020
Fortum Corporation (M&A Legal), Visiting Lawyer (2015)
Fortum Corporation (Legal Affairs), Visiting Lawyer (2011)
Metso Minerals Oy, Visiting Lawyer (2008)
Metso Automation Oy, Visiting Lawyer (2008)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Member of the Finnish Corporate Law Association
Member of the Young Arbitration Club Finland (YACF)
Young Lawyers Association (NULA)
Danube University Krems, MBA (2010)
University of Turku, LL.M. (2007)
Extremely dedicated to a transaction, has an excellent understanding of the Finnish and international market practice and has very strong negotiating skills.The Legal 500