Antti Ihamuotila is a Helsinki-based Partner and Head of the firm’s Equity Capital Markets and Public M&A practices. He has more than 20 years’ experience of international capital markets transactions, including in-depth expertise in public M&A, equity and debt capital markets, leveraged finance, and corporate advisory. Antti has advised clients on numerous public and private offerings of equity and high yield and investment grade debt securities and public and private mergers and acquisitions. He has also acted for clients in venture capital investments.
In addition to his Finnish LL.M. degree Antti holds a post-graduate LL.M. degree from Harvard Law School. He is also a member of the New York State Bar.
Antti is ranked as one of the leading capital markets experts in Finland by Chambers Europe, IFLR1000 and The Legal 500. Clients say that Antti is an “extremely talented lawyer with an in-depth knowledge of capital markets and experience in major transactions,” adding that he is “one of the best lawyers” in the market (Chambers Europe, 2020) as well as an “excellent problem solver” (Chambers Europe, 2019). Further, clients praise his “ability to bring in international views due to his expertise” (Chambers Europe, 2019). He is also highlighted by clients for his “very practical and smooth approach” (Chambers Europe, 2018) as well as his negotiation skills. He has considerable experience in the capital markets sphere, and regularly advises clients on both public and private offerings of equity, high-yield and investment-grade debt securities (Chambers Europe, 2018).
Antti Ihamuotila’s experience includes advising:
- Neles Corporation in the merger with Valmet Oyj;
- Bain Capital in the EUR 2.1 billion public cash tender offer for all shares in Ahlstrom-Munksjö;
- Neles in Alfa Laval’s EUR 1.7 billion recommended public cash tender offer for all the shares in Neles Corporation;
- Finnair in its EUR 500 million rights offering;
- EQT and Musti Group Oyj on the IPO of Musti Group Oyj on the official list of Nasdaq Helsinki;
- Coronaria in its mandatory public offer for Silmäasema, which resulted in over 90% acceptances and delisting of Silmäasema;
- Tieto Corporation in its merger with EVRY ASA;
- Loxam S.A.S in its EUR 970 million public tender offer for Ramirent Plc;
- Investor consortium led by ANTA Sports Products Limited in the EUR 4.6 billion public offer for Amer Sports Corporation;
- AS Tallink Grupp in the listing of the group’s shares on Nasdaq Helsinki;
- Orkla ASA in their public tender offer for Kotipizza Group Oyj;
- Kojamo Plc on its initial public offering and listing of shares on Nasdaq Helsinki;
- Rovio Entertainment Corporation in the initial public offering of Rovio Entertainment Corporation’s shares and listing on Nasdaq Helsinki.
Latham & Watkins LLP /London, Partner (2009-2015)
Latham & Watkins LLP /London, Senior Associate (2005-2009)
Freshfields /London, Associate (2000-2005)
Roschier-Holmberg & Waselius, Attorneys Ltd., Associate Lawyer (1998-1999)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Member of the New York State Bar
“Accessing the US Capital Markets from Outside the United States” with A. F. Cohen et al., International Financial Law Review, 2009 (updated editions in 2011 and 2013)
Harvard Law School, LLM. (2000)
Helsinki University, LL.M. (1998)
English, Finnish, Swedish
Extremely talented lawyer with an in-depth knowledge of capital markets and experience in major transactions. Chambers Europe