Antti Ihamuotila is a Helsinki-based Partner and Head of the firm’s Equity Capital Markets and Public M&A practices. He has more than 20 years’ experience of international capital markets transactions, including in-depth expertise in public M&A, equity and debt capital markets, leveraged finance, and corporate advisory. Antti has advised clients on numerous public and private offerings of equity and high yield and investment grade debt securities and public and private mergers and acquisitions. He has also acted for clients in venture capital investments.
In addition to his Finnish LL.M. degree Antti holds a post-graduate LL.M. degree from Harvard Law School. He is also a member of the New York State Bar.
Antti is ranked as one of the leading capital markets experts in Finland by Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, IFLR1000 and The Legal 500.
Clients describe Antti as an “extremely talented lawyer with an in-depth knowledge of capital markets and experience in major transactions,” adding that he is “perhaps the best in town and very commercial” (Chambers Global, 2022). Further, according to clients Antti “has a good balance between technical expertise and pragmatism” (Chambers Global, 2023) and he is an “excellent problem solver” (Chambers Europe, 2021).
According to clients, Antti is “attentive”, “constructive”, “responsive”, “knowledgeable”, “proactive” (IFLR1000, 32nd edition) and he has “experience, energy, positive attitude and sense of humour” (IFLR1000, 32nd edition). Further, he provides “good legal as well as tactical advice” and has “very good market knowledge and insights” (IFLR1000, 32nd edition).
Antti is also highlighted by clients for his “high board-level credibility, legal experience, sound advice and judgement” (IFLR1000, 32nd edition), as well as his negotiation skills, and clients further describe him as “very pragmatic, solution orientated and easy to work with, with high integrity” (The Legal 500, 2022).
Antti Ihamuotila’s experience includes advising:
- Rovio Entertainment Corporation in the EUR 700 million all cash takeover of all shares in Rovio by Sega Europe;
- Nordic Lights Corporation in Methode Electronics Inc.’s approximately EUR 132 million takeover offer for Nordic Lights;
- Relais Group in their listing on the official list of Nasdaq Helsinki;
- Sponsor Capital as the selling shareholder and Nordic Lights Group Corporation as the company in the EUR 35 million IPO and listing of Nordic Lights on First North Growth Market Finland;
- Sitowise Group Plc on its initial public offering and listing of shares on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd;
- Adelis and Puuilo Oyj on the main list IPO on Nasdaq Helsinki of Puuilo Oyj;
- Neles Corporation in the merger with Valmet Oyj;
- Bain Capital in the EUR 2.1 billion public cash tender offer for all shares in Ahlstrom-Munksjö;
- Neles in Alfa Laval’s EUR 1.7 billion recommended public cash tender offer for all the shares in Neles Corporation;
- Finnair in its EUR 500 million rights offering;
- EQT and Musti Group Oyj on the IPO of Musti Group Oyj on the official list of Nasdaq Helsinki;
- Coronaria in its mandatory public offer for Silmäasema, which resulted in over 90% acceptances and delisting of Silmäasema;
- Tieto Corporation in its merger with EVRY ASA;
- Loxam S.A.S in its EUR 970 million public tender offer for Ramirent Plc;
- Investor consortium led by ANTA Sports Products Limited in the EUR 4.6 billion public offer for Amer Sports Corporation;
- AS Tallink Grupp in the listing of the group’s shares on Nasdaq Helsinki;
- Orkla ASA in their public tender offer for Kotipizza Group Oyj;
- Kojamo Plc on its initial public offering and listing of shares on Nasdaq Helsinki.
Latham & Watkins LLP /London, Partner (2009-2015)
Latham & Watkins LLP /London, Senior Associate (2005-2009)
Freshfields /London, Associate (2000-2005)
Roschier-Holmberg & Waselius, Attorneys Ltd., Associate Lawyer (1998-1999)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Member of the New York State Bar
“Accessing the US Capital Markets from Outside the United States” with A. F. Cohen et al., International Financial Law Review, 2009 (updated editions in 2011 and 2013)
Harvard Law School, LLM. (2000)
Helsinki University, LL.M. (1998)
English, Finnish, Swedish
Extremely talented lawyer with an in-depth knowledge of capital markets and experience in major transactions. Perhaps the best in town and very commercial.Chambers Global