Antti Ihamuotila is a Helsinki-based Partner and Head of the firm’s Equity Capital Markets and Public M&A practices. He has more than 20 years’ experience of international capital markets transactions, including in-depth expertise in equity and debt capital markets, leveraged finance, public M&A and corporate advisory. Antti has advised clients on numerous public and private offerings of equity and high yield and investment grade debt securities and public and private mergers and acquisitions. He has also acted for clients in venture capital investments.
In addition to his Finnish LL.M. degree Antti holds a post-graduate LL.M. degree from Harvard Law School. He is also a member of the New York State Bar.
Antti is ranked as one of the leading capital markets experts in Finland by Chambers Europe, IFLR1000 and The Legal 500. Clients say that Antti is an “excellent problem solver” and praise his “ability to bring in international views due to his expertise” (Chambers Europe, 2019). He is also highlighted by clients for his “very practical and smooth approach” (Chambers Europe, 2018) as well as his negotiation skills. He has considerable experience in the capital markets sphere, and regularly advises clients on both public and private offerings of equity, high-yield and investment-grade debt securities (Chambers Europe, 2018).
Antti Ihamuotila’s experience includes advising:
- Investor consortium led by ANTA Sports Products Limited in the EUR 4.6 billion public offer for Amer Sports Corporation;
- AS Tallink Grupp in the listing of the group’s shares on Nasdaq Helsinki;
- Orkla ASA in their public tender offer for Kotipizza Group Oyj;
- Kojamo Plc on its initial public offering and listing of shares on Nasdaq Helsinki;
- Rovio Entertainment Corporation in the initial public offering of Rovio Entertainment Corporation’s shares and listing on Nasdaq Helsinki;
- Silmäasema Oyj and its principal shareholder Intera Fund II Ky, a fund administered by Intera Equity Partners II Oy, in the initial public offering of Silmäasema Oyj’s shares and listing on Nasdaq Helsinki.
Latham & Watkins LLP /London, Partner (2009-2015)
Latham & Watkins LLP /London, Senior Associate (2005-2009)
Freshfields /London, Associate (2000-2005)
Roschier-Holmberg & Waselius, Attorneys Ltd., Associate Lawyer (1998-1999)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Member of the New York State Bar
“Accessing the US Capital Markets from Outside the United States” with A. F. Cohen et al., International Financial Law Review, 2009 (updated editions in 2011 and 2013)
Harvard Law School, LLM. (2000)
Helsinki University, LL.M. (1998)
English, Finnish, Swedish
Excellent problem solver; ability to bring in international views due to his expertise. Chambers Europe