Overall description on our data processing practices
We process personal data under this Privacy Notice and in accordance with applicable legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679; the “GDPR“) and other applicable national data protection laws in Sweden and Finland (“Data Protection Law“).
This notice describes how we process personal data in connection with:
- subscriptions to our newsletters;
- invitations to and participation in our events and seminars;
- Roschier Alumni and Trainee Alumni activities;
- recruitment processes;
- cookies used on our websites;
- client matters, and
- our statutory duties such as in relation to anti-money laundering and knowing our clients.
We have a legal obligation to ensure that your information is kept accurate and up to date. We invite you to assist us to comply with this obligation by ensuring that you inform us of any changes to your information and/or updates to your preferences by contacting us at email@example.com.
You may at any time exercise your rights in relation to your personal data that we process:
- Right to access and rectification: You have the right to request access to the personal data relating to you. This includes e.g. the right to be informed whether or not personal data about you is being processed, what personal data is being processed, and the purpose of the processing. You also have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete personal data be corrected.
- Right to object: You are entitled to object to certain processing of personal data, including for example processing of your personal data for marketing purposes or when we otherwise base our processing of you on a legitimate interest.
- Right to erasure: You may also request that your personal data be erased if e.g. the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, the processing is unlawful, or the personal data has to be erased to enable us to comply with a legal requirement.
- Right to Data Portability: If personal data about you that you yourself have provided is being processed automatically with your consent or in accordance with a contract between you and Roschier, you may request that the data is provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may also request that the personal data is transmitted to another controller, if this is technically feasible.
- Right to withdraw your consent: In cases where the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to such processing at any time.
- Opt-out from marketing: We will also give you the opportunity to opt out of future marketing whenever we send you marketing material, you can also opt out at any time by contacting us.
Note that there may be situations where our confidentiality and other obligations under applicable legislation and the respective Bar Rules may prohibit us from disclosing or deleting your personal data or otherwise prevent you from exercising your rights, if the personal data relates to our client work.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, or would like further information, please contact us at any time.
If you wish to file a complaint with a national supervisory authority regarding our processing of your personal data, you may do so by contacting your local data protection authority (“local” meaning where you live or work, or where an alleged data breach has occurred. The relevant authority in Sweden is Datainspektionen (www.datainspektionen.se) and, in Finland, the Data Protection Ombudsman (www.tietosuoja.fi).
What data is collected and for what purpose on this website?
We want to have the opportunity to keep in touch with you and tell you about matters that are important to you. Through the roschier.com website, it is possible to e.g. sign up for newsletters and apply for jobs.
Roschier collects data through the following channels and for the following purposes:
- Roschier Newsroom Highlights: Roschier Newsroom Highlights is a newsletter, in which we may send you information about recent deals and highlights, firm news, appointments, events, awards and rankings, articles and surveys. When subscribing to the newsletter, you are requested to submit your email address, name, company and title. The personal data is used for the purpose of sending the type of content you have requested and for marketing our services. We will use the personal data that you provide in connection with Roschier Newsroom Highlights for these purposes until you inform us that you no longer want to receive information from us. This use of your personal data is based on our legitimate interest in marketing our services to you. You can terminate your subscription with us at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in any of our send outs or by contacting us at email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- News, publications, events and alumni activities: When signing up to an email list or registering yourself or someone who will accompany you to a seminar or event organized by us, we will use the information provided by you for the purposes of arranging the event, as well as for marketing and other communications. We will use the personal data for these purposes until you inform us that you no longer want to receive any information from us. You can do so at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in any of our send outs or by contacting us at email address email@example.com. This use of your personal data is based on our legitimate interest in marketing our services to you or keeping in touch with various stakeholders.
- Cookies: We may also obtain information about your use of this website through “cookies” which enable us to make certain parts of the site easier to use. When you enter this website, we may also collect information about your computer, IP address, operating system and browser type, for example, for statistical purposes or for the purposes of system administration. This information generally comprises data which does not allow individual identification of information related to a specific user.
- Job applications: Data submitted by you relating to job applications under our Career site is recorded separately in our Talent Recruitment system. More detailed information on how recruitment data is processed and stored as well as the type of information processed can be found in Roschier’s Career site.
The personal data related to you that we use is the data that you chose to provide to us, such as names, title, position, email address, telephone numbers, language preferences and other information that you believe could be relevant, for example in a recruitment process. For subscriptions and invitations, we may also add your preferences as to the type of information you have chosen to receive from us if you have provided this information to us. In connection with events at which we serve food, we may also collect your dietary and other preferences that you chose to provide to ensure that you receive the desired type of food and other refreshments that you like.
Any such data disclosed by you will immediately be deleted unless we have a reason and right to use the data under Data Protection Law.
Personal data submitted by you will be used only for the purposes specified in the relevant part of this website, such as for managing subscriptions, marketing of our services or for recruitment purposes.
What kind of other personal data does Roschier collect and for what purpose?
We collect information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course of providing legal services to our clients. This collection of data is based on our legitimate interest as a law firm when providing professional legal services.
We also use personal data collected in connection with client matters to fulfill our statutory duties such as in relation to anti-money laundering and knowing our clients procedures. In addition, we collect personal data that is needed to fulfill our obligations under the Rules of the Swedish and Finnish Bar Associations in relation to conflicts of interest procedures.
The personal data collected relates to identification, contact details and matter-related background information provided by our clients, their representatives or their counterparties.
We will store personal data related to our matters for as long as we are required under applicable legislation or the Rules of the Swedish and Finnish Bar Associations.
In some cases your personal data have been supplemented by information retrieved from other sources, including searches via publicly available search engines, sector specific newsletters, social media and you employer’s website, for the purpose of confirming your current professional position.
In connection with certain events, such as events targeted to students, Roschier may process pictures and videos of the attendants. The material shot during these events may be used internally at Roschier as well as externally for marketing purposes, for example on the Roschier web page, and on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and/or other online media, or in printed material. However, pictures and videos of attendants will only be used for external marketing with the explicit consent from the relevant attendants. Please note that a given consent can be withdrawn at any time.
How is the data processed?
Roschier will only process personal data for the purposes for which it was collected and as set out above, and personal data will only be available to authorized employees holding a position that requires them to process personal data to perform their work. Personal data is not processed for no longer than is necessary for the particular purpose. We fully comply with our statutory retention obligations and our internal retention time policies.
Roschier has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep your personal data secure to ensure that only authorized persons are given access to the personal data. We also have internal policies in place for secure processing of personal data.
Is data transferred or disclosed to third parties?
We will not disclose personal data to any third parties unless required to do so under applicable laws, to prepare for legal proceedings or defend a claim, or to perform services for our clients.
However, your personal data may be transferred to and processed by third-party providers which perform services for Roschier (data processors) to enable these companies to perform the services requested by Roschier.
Only personal data that is necessary to fulfill the purposes stated above will be provided to these companies. All third-party providers must follow our instructions and applicable written data processor agreements and any other agreements that are in place between Roschier and its third-party providers, and must implement appropriate technical and organizational measures for the protection of the personal data.
We primarily process personal data on servers within the EU/EEA.
However, we may need to transfer your information from a location within the EU/EEA. The level of information protection in countries outside the EU/EEA may be lower than that offered within the EEA. Where this is the case, we will implement appropriate measures under the GDPR to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure. Our international transfers of personal data are based on the EU Commission’s standard contractual clauses. The standard contractual clauses may be found here.
Roschier is the controller of the personal data for the purposes described above. The contact details of our offices can be found under https://www.roschier.com/contact-us.
If you have any questions regarding Roschier’s processing of personal data, please feel free to contact our data protection team at firstname.lastname@example.org.