Tero Jormanainen is a Helsinki-based Partner specialized in M&A, venture capital and private equity with a strong focus on technology related cross-border transactions. He has extensive experience in advising clients in M&A, venture capital and private equity transactions with depth of industry expertise within the healthcare, ICT and life science industries. Tero also heads Roschier’s Private Funds practice in Finland.
Tero originally joined Roschier in 2004 and has since also worked within industry as legal counsel for KONE Corporation, before rejoining Roschier in 2008. He has also worked as a visiting lawyer with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in London 2011-2012.
In addition to his LL.M. degree, Tero holds a Master’s degree in political science from the University of Turku.
Tero is recognized by international directories such as Chambers Europe, Chambers Global and IFLR1000 within corporate/M&A in Finland.
According to clients, Tero “sees the big picture and what is relevant, and his ability to effectively get the deal over the finish line is phenomenal” (Chambers Global, 2022). Clients further describe him as “excellent” (Chambers Europe, 2020), “on top of details and good at driving things forward” (Chambers Europe, 2019) and “skilled and pragmatic” (Chambers Europe, 2019).
Tero Jormanainen’s experience includes advising:
- Folmer in the acquisition of a majority stake in REACHLaw Ltd;
- Wolt in the EUR 7 billion sale of the company to DoorDash;
- Mobidiag and its shareholders in the EUR 668 million sale of the company to Hologic, Inc;
- Thermacell Repellents, Inc. in its acquisition of the majority of the shares in Proviter Oy;
- DevCo Partners Oy in DevCo’s investment in technology manufacturer Bluefors Oy;
- The shareholders in the sale of Relax Gaming to Kindred Group;
- Orkla ASA in the acquisition of NutraQ 2 AS, a leading supplier of health and beauty products within the two well-known health and beauty concepts VitaePro and Oslo Skin Lab;
- Wolt in its EUR 440 million financing round;
- The Sellers in the sale of Fourkind Global Oy to ThoughtWorks Holdings Finland Oy;
- Volpi Capital in the management buyout of Profit Holding Oy;
- Folmer Equity Fund II Ky and Holmberg Brands Oy in the acquisition of a majority stake in Nanso Group;
- Varjo Technologies Oy in its series C financing round;
- Goldman Sachs International as Finnish law counsel in its investment in Wolt Enterprises Oy;
- Elekta AB in the acquisition of Kaiku Health Oy;
- Quest Diagnostics in the acquisition of Blueprint Genetics;
- VMP Plc in the merger of VMP and Smile Henkilöstöpalvelut Oyj;
- Posti Group Corporation in the sale of OpusCapita Solutions Oy to a fund managed by Providence Equity Partners L.L.C.;
- Humana AB in its acquisition of all shares in Coronaria Hoiva Oy from Coronaria Oy;
- Funds managed by KKR and Triton in the sale of Mehiläinen Group;
- Funds managed by Axcel Management A/S in the EUR 163 million acquisition of Orion Diagnostica Oy;
- Funds advised by Sentica Partners in the acquisition of a majority stake in VMP Group;
- YIT Corporation in its combination with Lemminkäinen.
Roschier (2008-), Partner since 2014
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP /London, Visiting Lawyer (2011-2012)
KONE Corporation, Legal Counsel (2007-2008)
Roschier, Associate Lawyer (2004-2006)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
University of Turku, LL.M. (2004)
University of Turku, M.Sc. (Pol.) (2002)
English, Finnish, Swedish
Sees the big picture and what is relevant; ability to effectively get the deal over the finish line is phenomenal.Chambers Global