Tero Jormanainen is a Helsinki-based Partner specialized in M&A and private equity with a strong focus on cross-border transactions. He has extensive experience in advising clients in M&A and private equity transactions with depth of industry expertise within the healthcare, ICT and life science industries.
Tero originally joined Roschier in 2004 and has since also worked within industry as legal counsel for KONE Corporation, before rejoining Roschier in 2008. He has also worked as a visiting lawyer with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in London 2011-2012.
In addition to his LL.M. degree, Tero holds a Master’s degree in political science from the University of Turku.
Tero is recognized by international directories such as Chambers Europe, Chambers Global and IFLR1000 within corporate/M&A in Finland. Clients describe Tero as “excellent” (Chambers Europe, 2020) as well as “on top of details and good at driving things forward” (Chambers Europe, 2019). He is also described as “skilled and pragmatic” (Chambers Europe, 2019).
Tero Jormanainen’s experience includes advising:
- Posti Group Corporation in the sale of OpusCapita Solutions Oy to a fund managed by Providence Equity Partners L.L.C.;
- Humana AB in its acquisition of all shares in Coronaria Hoiva Oy from Coronaria Oy;
- A fund advised by Folmer Management Oy in the acquisition of a majority stake in Europlan Engineering Oy;
- Funds managed by KKR and Triton in the sale of Mehiläinen Group;
- Funds managed by Axcel Management A/S in the EUR 163 million acquisition of Orion Diagnostica Oy;
- Funds advised by Sentica Partners in the acquisition of a majority stake in VMP Group;
- YIT Corporation in its combination with Lemminkäinen;
- Sentica Partners in the sale of funds managed by Sentica of Arjessa Oy to Humana AB.
Roschier (2008-), Partner since 2014
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP /London, Visiting Lawyer (2011-2012)
KONE Corporation, Legal Counsel (2007-2008)
Roschier, Associate Lawyer (2004-2006)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
University of Turku, LL.M. (2004)
University of Turku, M.Sc. (Pol.) (2002)
English, Finnish, Swedish
On top of details and good at driving things forward. Chambers Europe