Seppo Kymäläinen is a Senior Associate in the firm’s Corporate Advisory, Public M&A and Equity Capital Markets practices in Helsinki. He has extensive experience in public and private M&A and corporate and securities advisory work acting for issuers as well as for both strategic and private equity backed buyers. He regularly advises clients on a wide range of corporate governance and contract matters, with further experience e.g. in corporate restructurings, shareholders’ agreements and joint venture structures. He joined Roschier in 2010.
Seppo Kymäläinen’s experience includes advising:
- Tieto Corporation in its proposed combination with EVRY ASA through a statutory cross border merger;
- Loxam S.A.S in its EUR 970 million public tender offer for Ramirent Plc;
- Investor consortium led by ANTA Sports Products Limited in the EUR 4.6 billion public offer for Amer Sports Corporation;
- AS Tallink Grupp in the listing of the group’s shares on Nasdaq Helsinki;
- Orkla ASA in their public tender offer for Kotipizza Group Oyj;
- YIT Corporation in its combination with Lemminkäinen;
- Konecranes in its acquisition of the Material Handling & Port Solutions (MHPS) business from Terex, which closed in January 2017, and in relation to the preceding Business Combination Agreement and Plan of Merger with Terex signed in August 2015 and terminated in May 2016, when the MHPS Acquisition was agreed;
- Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. in its public tender offer for Biotie Therapies Corporation.
Member of the Finnish Bar
Member of the Finnish Corporate Law Association
HYY Group, member of the Board of Directors (2005-2007)
“Avoin yhtiö ja kommandiittiyhtiö” (“Partnership and limited partnership”), co-authored with Manne Airaksinen, in “Yritysoikeus“ (“Corporate Law”) edited by Seppo Villa, 3rd edition, Talentum 2014
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (2010)
English, Finnish, Swedish