Mika Alanko is a Helsinki-based Partner and Head of Roschier’s Real Estate & Environment practice. He is specialized in real estate transactions, environmental law, private M&A and private equity, with a broad scope of practice ranging from complex cross-border real estate portfolio transactions to establishment of club deal structures and technology driven private M&A. Mika has acted as a lead partner for several of the premium international real estate investors in relation to their Finnish investments as well as for domestic real estate investors in relation to establishment of complex acquisition structures for the purchase of distressed assets. Finally, Mika is recognized for a leading fund formation practice in Finland, with a special focus in private equity and real estate fund structures.
Mika also regularly advises international clients in relation to environmental liability and regulatory issues.
During 2000-2002, Mika was Head of the firm’s regional office in Tampere.
Mika is recognized as one of the leading experts in Finland in the areas of real estate and construction, M&A, energy as well as environment by international legal directories such as Chambers Europe, The Legal 500, IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal. According to clients he is ”a solution oriented professional with a much-appreciated commercial mindset and deep expertise” (Chambers Europe, 2018). Further, he receives praise for being “a specialist lawyer” with “a deep knowledge, not only of the market but also of different types of funds” and for his “perfect negotiation skills” (Chambers Europe, 2019).
Mika Alanko’s experience includes advising:
- KanAm Grund in its acquisition of office projects in Vallila, Helsinki from NCC Property Development;
- Amundi Real Estate in the sale of office buildings in Alberga Business Park located in Leppävaara, Espoo to eQ Finnish Real Estate Fund;
- Pareto Securities in the acquisition of the SOK headquarter in Helsinki;
- NREP in the EUR 66 million sale of the Dixi shopping center to Special Investment Fund eQ Finnish Real Estate;
- Erikoissijoitusrahasto eQ Liikekiinteistöt in the acquisition of four office properties;
- Cromwell European Real Estate Investment Trust (CEREIT), a Singapore real estate investment trust with a diversified Pan-European portfolio, in a multi-jurisdictional real estate transaction where CEREIT acquired in total 16 office properties in Finland, Poland and the Netherlands;
- Erikoissijoitusrahasto eQ Liikekiinteistöt in the acquisition of three office properties;
- CORPUS SIREO Real Estate in the acquisition of the new Fredriksberg A office property from NCC;
- Erikoissijoitusrahasto eQ Liikekiinteistöt in the acquisition of two multi-tenant properties;
- Telia Finland Oyj in the sale of its current headquarters in Helsinki to YIT and the negotiation of a new lease agreement with YIT for Telia’s new headquarters in Tripla Workery East.
Roschier (1999-), Partner since 2000
Bützow & Co Ltd. Attorneys-at-Law, Partner (1998-1999)
Bützow & Co Ltd. Attorneys-at-Law, Associate Lawyer (1992-1997)
Berwin Leighton /London, Visiting Lawyer (1995)
Becker & Wesamaa, Attorneys-at-Law, Associate Lawyer (1991-1992)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Member of the IBA
Member of the Finnish Society for Environmental Law
The Finnish Society for Environmental Law, Board member
Legal Committee of the Finnish Venture Capital Association (FVCA)
University of Turku, LL.M. (1991)
English, Finnish, Swedish
A solution oriented professional with a much-appreciated commercial mindset and deep expertise. Chambers Europe