Markus Olsson is a Stockholm-based Partner specializing in private M&A, private equity and energy & infrastructure.
Markus has extensive experience in private M&A and private equity transactions, having represented major international private equity sponsors and corporate investors on large-scale domestic and cross-border transactions, including buy-outs, exits, joint ventures, restructurings and equity financings. He has advised on several transactions and other matters relating to infrastructure, as well as the energy sector. Markus also has experience from real estate transactions and large development projects.
Markus’ work experience includes working with M&A and general corporate and commercial matters for the law firm Slaughter and May in its London office.
Markus Olsson’s experience includes advising:
- Volkswagen in Northvolt’s USD 1 billion capital raise;
- IK Small Cap II Fund, a fund advised by IK Investment Partners Ltd, in its acquisition of BST Brandskyddsteamet AB, a leading Swedish provider of active fire protection services, from Infrea AB (publ), the founders and managers;
- 3i, and funds managed by 3i, on its sale of OneMed to Nalka;
- Volkswagen Group in its 75.1% stake investment in Wireless Car;
- Funds managed by KKR and Triton in the sale of Mehiläinen Group;
- APG Asset Management in the EUR 300 million acquisition of the Åskälen onshore wind power project from HgCapital;
- Funds advised by CVC Capital Partners in the acquisition of Etraveli from ProSiebenSat.1. and the management of the target group;
- Macquarie and Icon (Capstone) Infrastructure in their sale of Värmevärden to JP Morgan Asset Management.
Roschier (2010-); Partner since 2018
Slaughter and May /London, Visiting Lawyer (2012)
Linklaters, Associate (2007-2010)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Swedish chapter in “Global Legal Insights – Energy” 7th edition 2019, with B. Gustafsson, Global Legal Group Ltd
Swedish chapter in the 2017 edition of The European Energy Handbook, with B. Winström
Swedish chapter in “Global Legal Insights – Energy” 4th edition 2015, with B. Winström, D. Hanquist, Global Legal Group Ltd.
Uppsala University, LL.M. (2007)