Marcus Hedén is Head of Roschier’s Real Estate & Environment practice in Sweden. He is specialized in real estate transactions, real estate finance and private M&A.
Marcus has broad experience in serving international and domestic clients in cross-border transactions, prestige developments and complex environmental issues.
Marcus is ranked in Band 1 by Chambers Europe and as a Leading individual by the Legal 500 within real estate. He is also recognized as one of the leading experts in Sweden in the area of real estate by international publications such as Who’s Who Legal.
Marcus is described by clients as a solution-oriented practitioner, who “quickly gets the whole picture of the deal and understands what is important in a particular case” (Chambers Europe, 2018). He is highlighted for being “very competent in the real estate legal area “ and for having “very good knowledge of accounting and tax matters which are a big advantage for handling deals concerning buying and selling companies” (The Legal 500, 2020). One client comments: “He is absolutely brilliant – down to earth, able to keep a good negotiation atmosphere and smart. His style limits the risk of hiccups and adds trust between parties” (Chambers Europe, 2019), whereas another client states that “his skills are the very best you can find in the market” (Chambers Europe, 2020). Further, according to clients he is able to “understand difficult problems fast and quickly find working solutions” (The Legal 500, 2019) and he is praised for “finding solutions to move transactions forward without losing sight of what’s best for the client” (Chambers Europe, 2017).
Marcus Hedén’s experience includes advising:
- BillerudKorsnäs Skog & Industri Aktiebolag in the SEK 12.2 billion divestment of 89,9 % of the shares in Bergvik Skog Öst AB to AMF Pensionsförsäkringar AB;
- Blackstone Group International Partners LLP in the SEK 4,2 billion acquisition of Meroc 10 AB from Corem AB, and indirectly 30 properties;
- Blackstone Group International Partners LLP in the SEK 2 billion acquisition of Fastighets AB Yxkullen;
- Niam Core-Plus II Luxembourg S.A.R.L. in the acquisition of Stora Bernstorp A AB and Stora Bernstorp B AB, and indirectly four properties in Burlöv;
- Bonava in the divestment of two residential projects in Sigtuna and Lund to Mästerbo Fastighets AB, a company jointly owned by Estea and CBRE Global Investors, with a value of SEK 804 million;
- A consortium of Danish institutions (pension funds) including NREP, LPK, PFA and DIP as well as JØP in the sale of a SEK 10,1 billion Nordic logistic portfolio with properties in Sweden, Finland, Norway and Denmark;
- Cibus Nordic Real Estate AB (publ) in the SEK 1.9 billion acquisition of 111 properties from Coop and SEK 0.9 billion accelerated book building;
- Midroc in the sale of Stockholm Landbyska Verket 8 and Stockholm Landbyska Verket 9 to Humlegården Fastigheter;
- Sumitomo Corporation in the acquisition of Q-Park Operations B.V.;
- AMF Fastigheter in the divestment of the site leasehold to the property Stockholm Gångaren 11, with an underlying property value of SEK 1.8 billion, to Allianz Real Estate, acting for Allianz Group;
- Pareto Securities AB in the acquisition of a Finnish real estate portfolio consisting of 123 grocery store and daily-goods properties from funds managed by Oy Sirius Capital Partners Ab;
- APG Asset Management in the EUR 300 million acquisition of the Åskälen onshore wind power project from HgCapital;
- Sandvik in the carve-out and divestment of the Sandvik Process Systems division to FAM AB, owned by the three largest Wallenberg foundations;
- Sveafastigheter in its sale of a EUR 450 million property portfolio in a secondary transaction to asset manager Partners Group and structuring of a continued management arrangement for the Sveafastigheter team regarding the portfolio;
Roschier, Partner (2007-)
Linklaters, Associate (2001-2007)
Lagerlöf & Leman Advokatbyrå, Associate (2000-2001)
Sollentuna District Court, Law clerk (1998-2000)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Uppsala University, LL.M. (1998)
He is absolutely brilliant - down to earth, able to keep a good negotiation atmosphere and smart. His style limits the risk of hiccups and adds trust between parties. Chambers Europe