Malin Leffler heads Roschier’s Private M&A practice in Sweden. She is specialized in complex cross-border M&A transactions and private equity. Malin has extensive experience in leading negotiations and projects for major domestic and international private equity sponsors and corporate investors.
In addition to the above, Malin is also specialized in fund structuring and representing sponsors and institutional investors in connection with fundraisings as well as investments in private equity funds.
Malin is ranked Band 1 within private equity and corporate/M&A by Chambers Europe and Chambers Global. She is also recognized as one of the leading experts in Sweden in corporate/M&A by international publications such as IFLR1000, The Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal.
According to clients Malin is “one of the sharpest M&A lawyers in Sweden” (Chambers Europe, 2019) praising that she “knows the private equity field very well” (Chambers Europe, 2019). She is also lauded as “the gold standard of lawyers in Sweden” (Chambers Europe, 2018) and “one of the best negotiators in her field” (Chambers Europe, 2019). In 2013 Malin Leffler was voted “Årets Affärsjurist” (Lawyer of the Year) by clients participating in Blendow Group’s annual Klientbarometern market survey in Sweden.
Malin Leffler’s experience includes advising:
- Bonnier in its acquisition of Estate Media;
- Investor AB in Sarnova’s (a company of Patricia Industries (part of Investor AB)) acquisition and simultaneous combination of Digitech and the EMS business of R1 RCM Inc.;
- NCAB Group AB (publ) in its directed share issue to Swedish and international institutional investors;
- Vy Group in the acquisition of the Flygbussarna business from Transdev;
- MittMedia and Amedia in their acquisition of Hall Media;
- Patricia Industries in Apoteket AB’s investment in Doktor 24 AB;
- JOST Werke in the acquisition of Ålö Holding from Altor Fund III;
- Real Capital Analytics, Inc. in the acquisition of Datscha from Stronghold Investment;
- Patricia Industries, part of Investor, in the divestment of Aleris’ eleven health centers and three rehabilitation centers in Stockholm and Uppsala, to Lideta;
- Epiroc in the divestment of its operations within geotechnical drilling consumables to Mimir Invest AB;
- Patricia Industries, part of Investor, in the SEK 2.8 billion sale of Aleris to Triton;
- Walnut Bidco Plc, a newly established company indirectly wholly owned by members of the family af Jochnick, in its public offer to the shareholders of Oriflame Holding AG;
- A holding company owned by RoundTable Healthcare Partners and Signet Healthcare Partners in the USD 155 million acquisition of Moberg Pharma’s OTC-business, and the contemplated subscription of newly issued series B shares and warrants in Moberg Pharma;
- Bonnier News in its acquisition of MittMedia;
- Aspia in the acquisition of Skeppsbron Skatt;
- Aleris in its SEK 2.6 billion divestment of Aleris Omsorg to Ambea;
- Bonnier in the SEK 9.2 billion sale of Bonnier Broadcasting to Telia Company;
- Atlas Copco on the formation and listing of the SEK 105 billion company Epiroc on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Roschier, Partner (2011-)
Advokatfirman Vinge, Partner (2006-2011)
Advokatfirman Vinge, Associate (1998-2005)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Member of the International Bar Association
Uppsala University, LL.M. (1998)
One of the best negotiators in her field. Chambers Europe