Malin Leffler heads Roschier’s Private M&A practice in Sweden. She is specialized in complex cross-border M&A transactions and private equity. Malin has extensive experience in leading negotiations and projects for major domestic and international private equity sponsors and corporate investors.
In addition to the above, Malin is also specialized in fund structuring and representing sponsors and institutional investors in connection with fundraisings as well as investments in private equity funds.
Malin is ranked Band 1 within private equity and corporate/M&A by Chambers Europe and Chambers Global. She is also recognized as one of the leading experts in Sweden in corporate/M&A by international publications such as IFLR1000, The Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal.
According to clients Malin is “one of the sharpest M&A lawyers in Sweden” (Chambers Europe, 2019) praising that she “knows the private equity field very well” (Chambers Europe, 2019). She is also lauded as “the gold standard of lawyers in Sweden” (Chambers Europe, 2018) and “one of the best negotiators in her field” (Chambers Europe, 2019). In 2013 Malin Leffler was voted “Årets Affärsjurist” (Lawyer of the Year) by clients participating in Blendow Group’s annual Klientbarometern market survey in Sweden.
Malin Leffler’s experience includes advising:
- Walnut Bidco Plc, a newly established company indirectly wholly owned by members of the family af Jochnick, in its public offer to the shareholders of Oriflame Holding AG;
- A holding company owned by RoundTable Healthcare Partners and Signet Healthcare Partners in the USD 155 million acquisition of Moberg Pharma’s OTC-business, and the contemplated subscription of newly issued series B shares and warrants in Moberg Pharma;
- Bonnier News in its acquisition of MittMedia;
- Aspia in the acquisition of Skeppsbron Skatt;
- Aleris in its SEK 2.6 billion divestment of Aleris Omsorg to Ambea;
- Bonnier in the SEK 9.2 billion sale of Bonnier Broadcasting to Telia Company;
- Atlas Copco on the formation and listing of the SEK 105 billion company Epiroc on Nasdaq Stockholm;
- Funds advised by IK Investment Partners in the acquisition of KPMG Sweden’s Business Accounting Service.
Roschier, Partner (2011-)
Advokatfirman Vinge, Partner (2006-2011)
Advokatfirman Vinge, Associate (1998-2005)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Member of the International Bar Association
Uppsala University, LL.M. (1998)
One of the best negotiators in her field. Chambers Europe