Kiira Tuohimaa-Leisio is a Helsinki-based Senior Associate specialized in private M&A and private equity. She has extensive experience in advising both international and domestic clients in complex cross-border M&A, joint ventures and general corporate matters as well as corporate finance transactions, including acquisition finance, project finance and refinancing transaction. She also regularly advises investors in venture capital transactions. Kiira has also advised clients in relation to EU and Finnish competition law matters. Prior to joining Roschier, she worked at the Helsinki and London offices of a global law firm. In addition to her LL.M. degree, Kiira holds an M.Sc. degree in Law & Finance from the University of Oxford, graduated with distinction.
Kiira Tuohimaa-Leisio’s experience includes advising:
- Tieto Corporation in its proposed combination with EVRY ASA through a statutory cross border merger;
- TCV in its investment of approximately USD 200 million in Unified Retail Planning Pioneer RELEX Solutions;
- Providence Equity Partners-backed Superstruct in its investment in Flow Festival Oy;
- Funds managed by KKR and Triton in the sale of Mehiläinen Group;
- Mehiläinen Oy in the acquisition of MainioVire from HgCapital and certain private individuals;
- Mehiläinen Oy and its fully-owned subsidiary Familar Oy in the acquisition of MilaPro Oy, a company specialized in providing services related to child welfare and mental health, from Palvelurahasto I Ky, a fund managed by Korona Invest, and certain private individuals.
White & Case LLP /Helsinki & London, Associate (2010-2016)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
University of Oxford, M.Sc. (2014)
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (2010)