Julia Vahvaselkä is a Helsinki-based Associate working with Roschier’s EU & Competition practice. Since joining Roschier in 2018, Julia has gained experience in particular in merger control processes both at the national and EU level, as well as in public procurement processes and disputes serving both corporate and public sector clients. Her experience includes advising clients in cartel investigations and other competition law compliance issues. Julia has also been involved in advising clients in foreign investment control processes.
Julia Vahvaselkä’s experience includes advising:
- Nalka in its acquisition of CERTEGO from ASSA ABLOY;
- CVC Capital Partners in the acquisition of Stark Group;
- ExPretio Technologies Inc in appeal proceedings before the Market Court regarding a strategic ICT public procurement;
- Orkla ASA in their public tender offer for Kotipizza Group Oyj;
- Fazer Group in the acquisition of Kaslink Group.
Suomen Kilpailuoikeudellinen Yhdistys (Finnish Competition Law Association)
Eurooppaoikeuden yhdistys (FIDE Finland)
“Which competition policy for the new EU Commission – A Nordic Perspective”, Co-author, Concurrences 2019
Lund University, LL.M. (2018)
University of Aberdeen, LL.B. (Hons.) (2017)