Jens Bengtsson heads Roschier’s internationally recognized Private Equity practice. He is specialized in complex cross-border M&A transactions and has extensive experience in leading negotiations and projects for major international private equity sponsors and corporate investors.
Both Jens’s long experience as one of the most sought-after advisors in the market and his previous experience at McKinsey as a business consultant give him a deep understanding of deal economics and key value drivers.
Jens is ranked Band 1 within private equity and corporate/M&A by Chambers Europe. He is also recognized as one of the leading experts in Sweden in corporate/M&A by international publications such as The Legal 500, IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal.
According to clients Jens is “one of the best lawyers in Stockholm” who “combines excellent judgement with strong legal expertise” (Chambers Europe, 2013). He is praised for being “commercial, skilled, quick and solution-oriented” (Chambers Europe, 2016) as well as “very intelligent and commercial, and tough when needed” (Chambers Europe, 2018). Further, clients describe Jens as an individual who is “very sharp, energized and really thinks out of the box” (Chambers Europe, 2019).
Jens Bengtsson’s experience includes advising:
- Walnut Bidco Plc, a newly established company indirectly wholly owned by members of the family af Jochnick, in its public offer to the shareholders of Oriflame Holding AG;
- Sumitomo Corporation in the acquisition of Q-Park Operations B.V.;
- Aspia in the acquisition of Skeppsbron Skatt;
- Quimper AB (a private company in which CVC Funds have or will indirectly invest) on its cash tender offer for Ahlsell;
- Herkules Capital (Herkules IV) on its divestment of a majority stake in Didriksons to Adelis Equity Partners;
- Funds advised by IK Investment Partners in the acquisition of KPMG Sweden’s Business Accounting Service;
- Funds managed by KKR and Triton in the sale of Mehiläinen Group;
- Altor Fund IV in the acquisition of Trioplast Industrier AB.
Roschier, Partner (2006-), Head of Stockholm office (2011-2015)
Linklaters, Partner (2004-2006)
Linklaters, Managing Associate (2002-2004)
McKinsey & Co, Management Consultant (2000-2001)
Lagerlöf & Leman (predecessor of Linklaters in Sweden), Associate (1995-2000)
Malmö District Court, Law clerk (1993-1995)
Lund University, Faculty of Law, Lecturer in Company Law (1993-1999)
Lund University, Faculty of Law, Assistant (Sw. Amanuens) to a Professor in Civil Law (1993)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Member of the Advisory Board of SNS – Studieförbundet Näringsliv och Samhälle (Centre for Business and Policy Studies) (2013-)
Member of the Business Executive Council of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA)
Lund University, LL.M. (1993)
Very sharp, energized and really thinks out of the box. Chambers Europe