Jens Bengtsson heads Roschier’s internationally recognized Private Equity practice. He is specialized in complex cross-border M&A transactions and has extensive experience in leading negotiations and projects for major international private equity sponsors and corporate investors.
Both Jens’s long experience as one of the most sought-after advisors in the market and his previous experience at McKinsey as a business consultant give him a deep understanding of deal economics and key value drivers.
Jens is ranked Band 1 within private equity and corporate/M&A by Chambers Europe. He is also recognized as one of the leading experts in Sweden in corporate/M&A by international publications such as The Legal 500, IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal.
According to clients Jens is “one of the best lawyers in Stockholm” who “combines excellent judgement with strong legal expertise” (Chambers Europe, 2013). Further, clients say that “he knows the letter of the law and has a commercial perspective, which is extremely helpful” (Chambers Europe, 2020). He is praised for being “commercial, skilled, quick and solution-oriented” (Chambers Europe, 2016) as well as “very intelligent and commercial, and tough when needed” (Chambers Europe, 2018). Further, clients describe Jens as an individual who is “very sharp, energized and really thinks out of the box” (Chambers Europe, 2019).
Jens Bengtsson’s experience includes advising:
- CVC Capital Partners in the acquisition of Stark Group;
- EQT IX and Roar BidCo in their SEK 23.6 billion public offer for Recipharm;
- Searchlight Capital Partners in the acquisition of shares to obtain more than 90% ownership of Opus Group;
- Stena Adactum and Altor in the public offer for Gunnebo;
- Triton on its public offer for HiQ International;
- Blackstone in Oatly’s USD 200 million capital raise;
- KKR Credit in its investment in Avida Holding AB (publ);
- Searchlight Capital Partners in the public offer for all shares in Opus Group;
- Funds advised by Castik Capital S.à r.l. in the acquisition of a majority stake in AddSecure;
- Members of the family af Jochnick, in its public offer to the shareholders of Oriflame;
- Sumitomo Corporation in the acquisition of Q-Park;
- Aspia, an IK portfolio company, in the acquisition of Skeppsbron Skatt;
- CVC Funds on its public offer for Ahlsell;
- IK Investment Partners in the acquisition of KPMG Sweden’s Business Accounting Service.
Roschier, Partner (2006-), Head of Stockholm office (2011-2015)
Linklaters, Partner (2004-2006)
Linklaters, Managing Associate (2002-2004)
McKinsey & Co, Management Consultant (2000-2001)
Lagerlöf & Leman (predecessor of Linklaters in Sweden), Associate (1995-2000)
Malmö District Court, Law clerk (1993-1995)
Lund University, Faculty of Law, Lecturer in Company Law (1993-1999)
Lund University, Faculty of Law, Assistant (Sw. Amanuens) to a Professor in Civil Law (1993)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Member of the National Board of Ung Företagsamhet (2019-)
Member of the Advisory Board of SNS – Studieförbundet Näringsliv och Samhälle (Centre for Business and Policy Studies) (2013-)
Member of the Business Executive Council of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA) (Board member 2008-2010) (2009-)
Lund University, LL.M. (1993)
Very sharp, energized and really thinks out of the box. Chambers Europe