Jens Bengtsson heads Roschier’s internationally recognized Private Equity practice. He is specialized in complex cross-border M&A transactions and has extensive experience in leading negotiations and projects for major international private equity sponsors and corporate investors.
Both Jens’s long experience as one of the most sought-after advisors in the market and his previous experience at McKinsey as a business consultant give him a deep understanding of deal economics and key value drivers.
Jens has consistently been top ranked by all leading ranking institutes for the last decade. He is ranked Band 1 within private equity and corporate/M&A by Chambers Europe and Chambers Global and is recognized as one of the leading experts in Sweden in corporate/M&A by international publications such as The Legal 500, IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal.
Clients describe Jens as “very creative and a go-to guy for difficult cases. He thinks outside the box, is very business-minded and understands business models” (Chambers Global, 2022), “the number one transaction lawyer in Sweden” (Chambers Europe, 2021), “he knows the letter of the law and has a commercial perspective, which is extremely helpful” (Chambers Europe, 2020), “very sharp, energized and really thinks out of the box” (Chambers Europe, 2019), “very intelligent and commercial, and tough when needed” (Chambers Europe, 2018).
Jens Bengtsson’s experience includes advising:
- CVC with the acquisition of Visma’s consulting business focused on digital transformation, formerly a part of Visma Custom Solutions;
- Bonnier News in its SEK 455 million public offer for all shares in Readly;
- Karo Pharma in connection with EQT’s SEK 16.4 billion public offer;
- Vinted in the SEK 315 million public offer for Rebelle;
- CVC and Nordic Capital in the approximately SEK 9.2 billion public offer for Cary Group;
- Philip Morris International in its SEK 176.4 billion public offer for Swedish Match;
- CVC in its SEK 16.5 billion sale of eTraveli to Bookings;
- Searchlight in the sale of Opus Bilprovning to Arcus;
- Stena Adactum in the SEK 1.2 billion mandatory public offer for Svedbergs;
- Partners Group on its acquisition of atNorth;
- Permira in its partial exit from Klarna;
- CVC in its sale of AR Packaging to Graphic Packaging;
- EQT in its SEK 23.6 billion public offer for Recipharm;
- Stena Adactum and Altor in the public offer for Gunnebo;
- Triton on its approximately SEK 4 billion public offer for HiQ;
- Blackstone in Oatly’s USD 200 million capital raise;
- KKR in its investment in Avida;
- Searchlight in the public offer for Opus Group;
- Members of the family af Jochnick, in its SEK 12.85 billion public offer for Oriflame;
- CVC on its approximately SEK 24 billion public offer for Ahlsell.
Roschier, Partner (2006-), Head of Stockholm office (2011-2015)
Linklaters, Partner (2004-2006)
Linklaters, Managing Associate (2002-2004)
McKinsey & Co, Management Consultant (2000-2001)
Lagerlöf & Leman (predecessor of Linklaters in Sweden), Associate (1995-2000)
Malmö District Court, Law clerk (1993-1995)
Lund University, Faculty of Law, Lecturer in Company Law (1993-1999)
Lund University, Faculty of Law, Assistant (Sw. Amanuens) to a Professor in Civil Law (1993)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Member of the National Board of Ung Företagsamhet (2019-)
Member of the Advisory Board of SNS – Studieförbundet Näringsliv och Samhälle (Centre for Business and Policy Studies) (2013-)
Member of the Business Executive Council of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA) (Board member 2008-2010) (2009-)
Lund University, LL.M. (1993)
He is very creative and a go-to guy for difficult cases. He thinks outside the box, is very business-minded and understands business models.Chambers Global