Jaakko Laitinen is a Helsinki-based Senior Associate and a member of Roschier’s Corporate Advisory, Public M&A and Equity Capital Markets practices. He has experience in advising clients in various capital markets transactions, including IPOs, public tender offers and listed company mergers, and also advises on issues related to Finnish corporate and securities law as well as corporate governance matters. In addition, he has experience in advising clients in financial regulatory matters concerning investment services and investment funds.
In addition to his Finnish LL.M. degree, Jaakko has studied law at the University of Glasgow, Scotland. He also holds a M.Sc. (Econ.) degree from Hanken School of Economics. Jaakko joined Roschier in 2018.
Jaakko is recognized as a Rising star by The Legal 500 within Capital Markets in Finland and by IFLR 1000 within Capital Markets: Equity in Finland.
Jaakko Laitinen’s experience includes advising:
- Enersense International Plc in its offering of EUR 26 million senior unsecured conditionally convertible notes due January 2027;
- Bain Capital-led consortium in the cash tender offer for all shares in Caverion;
- Basware Corporation in the public cash tender offer for the shares in the company by a consortium of investors comprising Accel-KKR Capital Partners VI, LP, Long Path Holdings 1, LP and Briarwood Capital Partners LP through Sapphire BidCo Ltd;
- Wolt in the EUR 7 billion sale of the company to DoorDash;
- Neles Corporation in the merger with Valmet Oyj;
- Arcus in its cross-border merger with Altia;
- Finnair in its EUR 500 million rights offering;
- EQT and Musti Group Oyj on the IPO of Musti Group Oyj on the official list of Nasdaq Helsinki;
- Tieto Corporation in its combination with EVRY ASA through a statutory cross border merger.
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Member of the Finnish Corporate Law Association
“Finland enables the provision of MiFID II investment services from third countries on a cross-border basis and a transitional arrangement for UK firms”, co-author Jussi Pelkonen, Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law Vol. 34 – No. 5, May 2019
Hanken School of Economics, M.Sc. (Econ.) (2021)
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (2018)
English, Finnish, Swedish, German