Björn Winström focuses on private M&A, private equity and energy & infrastructure. Björn is also Head of the firm’s Energy & Infrastructure and General Commercial practices in Sweden.
Björn regularly advises international private equity firms and large corporations on transactions. He has acted for several companies in buy-outs, exits, joint ventures and restructurings, as well as large corporates in general M&A and corporate matters.
Björn is recognized as one of the leading experts in Sweden within M&A and energy by international directories such as Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, IFLR1000 and the Legal 500.
Clients value Björn’s “very good market insight” and describe him as “extremely diligent and hard-working” (Chambers Europe, 2019) and “very hands-on, pragmatic and solution-oriented” (Chambers Europe, 2019). Clients also point out that Björn “probably has the best knowledge of the infrastructure sector in Sweden and manages his team with excellence.” (The Legal 500, 2020) and that he “assists a diverse client roster with a range of M&A and private equity transactions, including carve-outs and add-on acquisitions.” (Chambers Europe, 2020).
Björn Winström’s experience includes advising:
- Veoneer on Swedish regulatory matters in connection with the acquisition of its shares by Qualcomm;
- Nalka in its acquisition of CERTEGO from ASSA ABLOY;
- Solör Bioenergi Fjärrvärme in the acquisition of the district heating business of SEVAB Strängnäs Energi;
- Fortum in the sale of its 50 percent ownership in Stockholm Exergi Holding to an investor consortium led by APG;
- Solör Bioenergi Holding in the acquisition of Veolia Nordic’s utility solutions business in Sweden and all of the shares in Veolia Norge;
- Solör Bioenergy Group in their acquisition of Falbygdens Energi;
- Nordic Infrastructure in the acquisition of shares in Solör Bioenergy Group;
- Fortum in the divestment of eight hydropower plants to Downing LLP;
- Novax on its investment in AquaDental;
- Assemblin on its acquisition of Fidelix;
- II-VI, Inc. on its acquisition of Ascatron;
- Veoneer in the dissolution of Zenuity its joint venture with Volvo Cars
- Solör Bioenergi Fjärrvärme in the acquisition of Vasa Värme Holding from Asper Investment Management;
- EQT in the sale of Coromatic Group to E.On Sverige;
- BE Bio Energy Group AG in their divestment of shares in Solör Bioenergi Holding to Polhem Infra;
- Infranode in their investment in the Port of Gävle;
- 3i, and funds managed by 3i, on its sale of OneMed to Nalka;
- Kinnevik Online in its investments in Mathem and Joint Academy;
- BillerudKorsnäs in the dissolution of Bergvik Skog and the subsequent sale of a majority shareholding in the forest owning company to AMF
- PayPal in their USD 2.2 billion acquisition of iZettle;
- Digital microinsurance provider BIMA in connection with Allianz Group’s USD 96.6 million strategic investment.
Roschier, Partner (2010-); Head of Stockholm office (2016-2019)
Linklaters, Counsel (2010)
Husqvarna AB, Visiting Lawyer (2006-2007)
Linklaters, Managing Associate (2005-2010)
Linklaters, Associate (2001-2005)
Lagerlöf & Lehman (predecessor of Linklaters in Sweden), Associate (2000-2001)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Swedish chapter in “Global Legal Insights – Energy” 4th edition 2015, with D. Hanquist, M. Olsson, Global Legal Group Ltd.
University of Stockholm, LL.M. (2001)
Very hands-on, pragmatic and solution-oriented.Chambers Europe