Björn Winström focuses on private M&A, private equity and energy & infrastructure. Björn is also Head of the firm’s Energy & Infrastructure practice in Sweden.
Björn regularly advises international private equity firms and large corporations on transactions. He has acted for several companies in buy-outs, exits, joint ventures and restructurings, as well as large corporates in general M&A and corporate matters.
Björn is recognized as one of the leading experts in Sweden within M&A and energy by international directories such as Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, IFLR1000 and the Legal 500.
Clients value Björn’s “very good market insight” and describe him as “extremely diligent and hard-working” (Chambers Europe, 2019) and “very hands-on, pragmatic and solution-oriented” (Chambers Europe, 2019). Further, clients praise Björn for his “high quality of service” and describes him as “flexible and commercially strong” (Chambers Europe, 2018) as well as “very service-minded” (Chambers Europe, 2018).
Björn Winström’s experience includes advising:
- BE Bio Energy Group AG in their divestment of shares in Solör Bioenergi Holding to Polhem Infra;
- EQT in the sale of Coromatic Group to E.On Sverige;
- Infranode in their investment in the Port of Gävle;
- 3i, and funds managed by 3i, on its sale of OneMed to Nalka;
- Kinnevik Online in its investment in the food waste app Karma;
- PayPal in their USD 2.2 billion acquisition of iZettle;
- Funds advised by Triton Partners in the acquisition of Ramudden from funds advised by IK Investment Partners and the management of the target group;
- APG Asset Management in a follow-up acquisition of a wind power project from HgCapital;
- Digital microinsurance provider BIMA in connection with Allianz Group’s USD 96.6 million strategic investment.
Roschier, Partner (2010-); Head of Stockholm office (2016-2019)
Linklaters, Counsel (2010)
Husqvarna AB, Visiting Lawyer (2006-2007)
Linklaters, Managing Associate (2005-2010)
Linklaters, Associate (2001-2005)
Lagerlöf & Lehman (predecessor of Linklaters in Sweden), Associate (2000-2001)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Swedish chapter in “Global Legal Insights – Energy” 4th edition 2015, with D. Hanquist, M. Olsson, Global Legal Group Ltd.
University of Stockholm, LL.M. (2001)
Very hands-on, pragmatic and solution-oriented. Chambers Europe