Axel Bonning is a Stockholm-based Senior Associate and a member of the firm’s Private M&A practice, focusing on M&A and private equity. Axel is regularly involved in various Nordic and cross-border transactions, representing both private equity sponsors and corporate investors, and has also experience from advising on general corporate and commercial matters. His working experience includes working for a Nordic private equity firm.
Clients are commenting Axel’s work in the international publications and describe him as “knowledgeable, proactive, and dedicated.” (IFLR1000, 31st edition). They also comment that “he consistently shows a desire to support to the full extent of his considerable capabilities.” (The Legal 500, 2022).
Clients also describe him as an individual who “definitely walks the extra-mile – excellent performance for a senior associate” (The Legal 500, 2020).
Axel Bonning’s experience includes advising:
- Volkswagen in Northvolt’s USD 1.1 billion capital raise;
- IK Partners in the acquisition of FCG Group;
- Nalka in its acquisition of CERTEGO from ASSA ABLOY;
- Volkswagen in Northvolt’s USD 2.75 billion equity financing;
- LMK Group (Linas Matkasse) and the main shareholder Herkules Capital in the initial public offering of LMK Group’s shares and listing on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market;
- Volkswagen in Northvolt’s USD 600 million equity capital raise;
- Stena Adactum and Altor in the public offer for Gunnebo;
- Volkswagen in Northvolt’s USD 1 billion capital raise.
Altor Equity Partners, Visiting Lawyer (2017)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Umeå University, LL.M. (2015)
Knowledgeable, proactive, dedicated.IFLR1000