Vesa Rasinaho is a Helsinki-based corporate law and equity capital markets specialist. Vesa has extensive experience in public company transactions, corporate finance, corporate and tax structuring assignments as well as general corporate advisory. He regularly advises clients on a wide range of corporate law matters, including share issues, corporate restructuring arrangements, public M&A, corporate litigation, forensic corporate investigations and shareholders’ meetings.
Vesa has been a key person involved in the development of the Finnish Companies Act of 2006 as a secretary of the government working group responsible for the preparation of the draft Act. He is, together with his colleague Manne Airaksinen, co-author of the leading commentary book on the Finnish Companies Act and frequently publishes expert articles on company law and related fields.
Vesa is recognized as one of the leading corporate law experts in Finland by e.g. Who’s Who Legal.
Vesa Rasinaho’s experience includes advising:
- Fortum in the sale of its district heating business in the Järvenpää-Tuusula area in Finland to a consortium consisting of Vantaa Energy Ltd, Infranode, and Keva;
- Tieto Corporation in its combination with EVRY ASA through a statutory cross border merger;
- Telia Company in the legal separation of Telia’s Finnish tele and data communication infrastructure into a separate company, Telia Towers Finland Oy through a partial demerger;
- YIT Corporation in its combination with Lemminkäinen;
- Konecranes in its acquisition of the Material Handling & Port Solutions (MHPS) business from Terex, which closed in January 2017, and in relation to the preceding Business Combination Agreement and Plan of Merger with Terex signed in August 2015 and terminated in May 2016, when the MHPS Acquisition was agreed;
- Nokia in its exchange offer for Alcatel-Lucent;
- Finnlines plc successfully in a dispute with a significant minority shareholder regarding amount of minimum dividend to be distributed;
- Nokia Corporation in the offering of EUR 1.5 billion senior convertible bonds in connection with the sale of its Devices and Services business to Microsoft Corporation;
- The GE Healthcare subgroup, a manufacturer of and service provider for a range of medical equipment globally, with matters relating to significant intra-group restructuring and refinancing in Finland.
Roschier (1999-), Counsel since 2005
Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå AB /Stockholm, Visiting Lawyer (2002)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Member of the International Fiscal Association (IFA)
Member of the Finnish Tax Experts’ Association (SVA)
Finnish Corporate Law Association, Board member (2012-2013), Chairman (2013-)
Ministry of Justice, Expert Counsel (2004-2006)
Ministry of Justice, Secretary of the working group for the revision of the Companies Act (2001-2003)
“Osakeyhtiölaki I & II” (“Companies Act I and II”), co-authors Manne Airaksinen and Pekka Pulkkinen, Talentum 2007 (updated editions 2010 and 2018)
“Osakeyhtiölain muutostarpeita selvitetään” (“Determining the needs for change of the Companies Act”) with L. Ignatius, Balanssi 3/2016
“Yhtiökokous corporate governancen hengessä” (“The General Meeting of Shareholders – in the Spirit of Corporate Governance”), co-authors Tomas Lindholm and Olli V. Virtanen. WSOY 2004
University of Turku, M.A. (Econ.) (2001)
University of Turku, LL.M. (1998)
University of Turku, B.A. (Econ.) (1997)
English, Finnish, Swedish