Senior Advisor Stefan Wikman focuses on corporate advisory, M&A, as well as green economy and energy and general commercial. Stefan has extensive experience advising on complex company law matters and industrial transactions such as energy projects, joint ventures and shareholders’ agreements, various types of agreements relating to international trade and investments abroad, and in assisting regional companies in their internationalization.
Stefan regularly acts for a number of listed companies within the energy and finance sector with e.g. transactions and corporate advisory related assignments, and he is frequently asked for chairman of AGM:s in both public and private companies.
In addition to law firm experience, Stefan also has experience from plastics, abrasives and logistics industry where he worked as an in-house counsel and business responsible for a number of years before joining Roschier.
Stefan Wikman’s experience includes advising:
- As the chairman of the Annual General Meeting of the following listed companies: Konecranes plc, Stockmann plc, Vacon plc, Technopolis plc and Aktia Plc;
- Vacon Plc in the public take over process by Danfoss A/S;
- AS Maag Lihatoostus in its acquistion of Pouttu Oy from Sponsor Capital;
- KWH Group in the sale of KWH Plast Ltd (tailor-made plastic films and sheetings for the packaging, food, label, graphic and medical industries) to Schur Flexible, a group of companies with Capiton AG as main owner;
- KWH Group in the merger of infrastructure pipe businesses of KWH Group and Uponor Plc into a new joint venture company named Uponor Infra Ltd;
- Aktia Bank plc in its partial divestment of Aktia Non-Life Insurance Company Ltd and the subsequent joint venture with pension insurance company Veritas and Folksam, a Swedish mutual insurance company.
Roschier (1994-), Partner (1996-2017), Head of the Vaasa office (1996-2017), Senior Advisor since 2017
KWH Plast Ltd., Managing Director, Member of the management of KWH Group (1990-1994)
KWH Group Ltd., General Counsel (1986-1989)
Union Bank of Finland (now Nordea) (1983-1986)
Law clerk, trained at the Bench (1981)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
CCBE, Head of the Finnish delegation (2014-)
Working Group of the Board of the Bar Association evaluating development needs of the ethical part of the Bar exam, Chairman (2014-)
Working Group of the Board of the Bar Association aiming to further define and develop the strategy of the Bar Association, Member (2014-)
The Finnish Bar Association, Member of the Board (2013-2019)
Professional development committee of the Finnish Bar Association, Member (2013-)
Ostrobothnia Chamber of Commerce, Member of the Board (2010-)
Harry Schaumans Stiftelse, Chairman of the Board (2008-)
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (1979)
English, Finnish, Swedish