Ola Åhman is a Stockholm-based Partner and Head of Roschier’s General Commercial and Corporate Compliance & Investigations practices in Sweden. He is also specialized in restructuring.
Ola has extensive experience in complex public transactions, capital markets work and corporate matters. He has acted for financial institutions and large listed companies in takeover and distressed situations as well as regulatory and compliance matters.
Ola is a member of the Research and Education Group of the Stockholm Center for Commercial Law.
Ola holds a LL.D./Ph.D. in private Law from Uppsala University. He frequently lectures at the University on topics related to company law, stock market rules and general commercial law.
Ola is recognized as one of the leading experts in Sweden in the areas of corporate/M&A as well as capital markets by publications such as Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, IFLR1000, The Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal.
According to Chambers Europe, Ola is praised by a client to be the “most skilled lawyer in Sweden for public M&A and corporate governance” (Chambers Europe, 2019). He is considered to be “a very innovative lawyer” who “knows the rules in detail but is also extremely commercial and driven” (Chambers Europe, 2019) and valued for his “creativity and willingness to think outside the box” (Chambers Europe, 2019). Commentators also note that he is “a trusted adviser who knows the market and is able to get deals done in a pragmatic way” (Chambers Europe, 2016). Further, he is praised by the clients for his “comprehensive experience, as well as skills, availability and knowledge of relevant issues” (Chambers Global, 2018).
Ola Åhman’s experience includes advising:
- Midroc New Technology in the sale of its 11.3% stake in PowerCell Sweden AB (publ) to Robert Bosch GmbH;
- KappAhl, and its independent bid committee, in connection with the SEK 1.5 billion takeover bid by Mellby Gård;
- Blackstone in the SEK 12.2 billion sale of its majority stake in Hembla AB (publ) to Vonovia SE;
- Volkswagen in Northvolt’s USD 1 billion capital raise;
- Volkswagen Group in its 75.1% stake investment in Wireless Car;
- Knorr-Bremse AG on its SEK 4.9 billion public offer for Haldex AB (publ);
- Geberit AG in its SEK 9.7 billion public offer for Sanitec Abp;
- Volkswagen AG in its SEK 59.8 billion (EUR 6.7 billion) public cash offer for Scania AB;
- Koninklijke Ahold N.V. in its strategic review of its 60% holding in ICA AB and the SEK 21.2 billion sale thereof to Hakon Invest AB;
- Old Mutual plc in relation to its sale of the Swedish entities Försäkringsaktiebolaget Skandia (publ) (Skandia) and Livförsäkringsaktiebolaget Skandia (publ) (Skandia Liv) for SEK 22.5 billion as well as its special dividend to its shareholders;
- Swedish state-owned power company Vattenfall AB in relation to high profile corporate governance and remuneration matters;
- Saab Automobile AB in connection with numerous matters during years 2009 through 2011, such as the reconstructions in 2009 and 2011, carve out of Saab Automobile from General Motors, sale of Saab Automobile (including subsidiaries) to Spyker Cars N.V., sale of certain intellectual property to Chinese BAIC, continuous negotiations with EIB and the Swedish National Debt Office regarding loans and guarantees granted as well as negotiations with numerous Chinese and other potential investors for Saab Automobile.
Roschier, Partner (2006-)
Cederquist law firm, Senior Associate (1998-2005)
Uppsala University, Senior Lecturer, Research Fellow (1990-1998)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Swedish Bar Association, Member of the Board (2013-)
Research and Education Group of the Stockholm Center for Commercial Law, Member
Public M&A expert panel of the Swedish Corporate Governance Board, Member
Uppsala University, LL.D./Ph.D. (1997)
Uppsala University, LL.M. (1990)
Hailed for his creativity and willingness to think outside the box. Chambers Europe