Mira Eklund is a Helsinki-based Associate specialized in EU and competition law. Since joining Roschier in 2017, Mira has been involved in a variety of competition law assignments and has gained experience especially in private enforcement and M&A related matters (e.g. feasibility assessments, merger control filings and information exchange management). She also advises clients in matters related to state aid and foreign direct investment control.
Prior to joining Roschier, she worked in the Competition Policy Unit at the Finnish Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment. She has also worked and gained valuable experience as a visiting lawyer in an international law firm in Brussels.
Mira Eklund’s experience includes advising:
- Tieto Corporation in its combination with EVRY ASA through a statutory cross border merger;
- First State Investments in the sale of Digita Oy to Digital Colony;
- Sponsor Capital (Sponsor Fund IV) in the acquisition of the majority share in Duell Bike Center;
- Funds advised by Sentica Partners in the acquisition of a majority stake in VMP Group;
- Arla Oy in court proceedings (civil damages claims) against Valio Oy;
- Claimant in multiple concurrent FAI arbitrations concerning cartel damages claims.
Slaughter and May, Visiting Lawyer (2019-2020)
Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, Specialist (2017)
Member of Suomen Kilpailuoikeudellinen Yhdistys (Finnish Competition Law Association)
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (2016)
English, Finnish, Swedish