Miklos Kovacs Kal
Miklos Kovacs Kal is a Stockholm-based Senior Associate and a member of the firm’s M&A practice, focusing on private M&A and private equity. Miklos has extensive experience from several Nordic and international transactions, including multiple carve-outs, representing both private equity sponsors and corporate investors. He also has experience of advising on general corporate and commercial contract issues and legal restructuring matters.
Miklos Kovacs Kal’s experience includes advising:
- Patricia Industries, part of Investor, in the SEK 2.8 billion sale of Aleris to Triton;
- Aspia in the acquisition of Skeppsbron Skatt;
- Altor Fund IV in the acquisition of Trioplast Industrier AB;
- Funds advised by IK Investment Partners in the acquisition of PwC Sweden’s Business Services division;
- Sandvik in the carve-out and divestment of the Sandvik Process Systems division to FAM AB, owned by the three largest Wallenberg foundations;
- Guy Hands in the acquisition of McDonald’s Nordic operations, consisting of local operating companies in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland;
- KKR, a leading global investor, in its acquisition of a 50% stake in Välinge, a Swedish industrial R&D company founded and owned by the Perván family;
- Herkules IV in the investment in Linas Matkasse.
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
“En säkerhetsventil utan säkerhet – en analys av rekvisitet ‘affärsmässigt motiverat’ i 24 kap. 10 e § IL”. (A safety valve without safety – an analysis of the requirement that a debt be ‘justified on commercial grounds’ in Chapter 24, section 10(e) of the Swedish Income Tax Act”), Juridisk Publikation 2/2013
Uppsala University, LL.M. (2013)
Uppsala University, B. Sc. Econ. (2013)
English, Swedish, Hungarian