Mia Mokkila is a Helsinki-based Counsel and member of the firm’s Corporate Advisory and Public M&A practices. She is regularly involved in various company and securities law matters and M&A transactions. Mia’s experience includes insider, disclosure and corporate governance related advice, as well as public tender offers, issuance of securities and M&A transactions involving listed companies. In 2013, Mia acted as Secretary to the working group drafting the revised Helsinki Takeover Code.
In addition to her LL.M. degree, Mia holds a B.Sc. (Econ) degree from the Helsinki School of Economics. She has in-house experience as a Visiting Lawyer from Nokia Corporation (Finance Legal) and Nokia Siemens Networks (Legal & Compliance).
Mia Mokkila’s experience includes advising:
- YIT Corporation in its combination with Lemminkäinen;
- Nokia in its public tender offer for Comptel;
- Citycon Oyj in its MEUR 600 rights issue to finance the acquisition of Norwegian Sektor Gruppen;
- Geberit AG in its SEK 9.7 billion public offer for Sanitec Abp;
- Vacon Plc in its EUR 1 billion combination with Danfoss A/S;
- Investor AB in the acquisition of additional shares in Wärtsilä Corporation.
Nokia Siemens Networks/Espoo, Visiting Lawyer (2007)
Nokia Corporation /Espoo, Visiting Lawyer (2006-2007)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Secretary to the working group responsible for drafting the revised Helsinki Takeover Code (2013)
Helsinki School of Economics, B.Sc.(Econ.) (2007)
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (2006)
English, Finnish, French, German, Spanish, Swedish