Mia Mokkila is a Helsinki-based Counsel and member of the firm’s Corporate Advisory and Public M&A practices. She is regularly involved in various company and securities law matters and M&A transactions. Mia’s experience includes insider, disclosure and corporate governance related advice, as well as public tender offers, issuance of securities and M&A transactions involving listed companies. In 2013, Mia acted as Secretary to the working group drafting the revised Helsinki Takeover Code.
In addition to her LL.M. degree, Mia holds a B.Sc. (Econ) degree from the Helsinki School of Economics. She has in-house experience as a Visiting Lawyer from Nokia Corporation (Finance Legal) and Nokia Siemens Networks (Legal & Compliance).
Mia Mokkila’s experience includes advising:
- Neles Corporation in the merger with Valmet Oyj;
- Akzo Nobel N.V. in its EUR 1.4 billion public competing proposal for a tender offer for all shares in Tikkurila Oyj;
- Bain Capital in the EUR 2.1 billion public cash tender offer for all shares in Ahlstrom-Munksjö;
- YIT Corporation in its combination with Lemminkäinen;
- Nokia in its public tender offer for Comptel;
- Citycon Oyj in its MEUR 600 rights issue to finance the acquisition of Norwegian Sektor Gruppen;
- Geberit AG in its SEK 9.7 billion public offer for Sanitec Abp;
- Vacon Plc in its EUR 1 billion combination with Danfoss A/S;
- Investor AB in the acquisition of additional shares in Wärtsilä Corporation;
- Hoivatilat Oyj in the EUR 408 million public tender offer by Aedifica SA/NV for Hoivatilat Oyj.
Nokia Siemens Networks/Espoo, Visiting Lawyer (2007)
Nokia Corporation /Espoo, Visiting Lawyer (2006-2007)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Member of the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
Secretary to the working group responsible for drafting the revised Helsinki Takeover Code (2013)
HHJ-tutkinto (Hyväksytty hallituksen jäsen, 2019)
Helsinki School of Economics, B.Sc.(Econ.) (2007)
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (2006)
English, Finnish, Swedish, French, German, Spanish