Matti Nousiainen is a Helsinki-based Senior Associate specializing in dispute resolution, insolvency and IP matters. He has extensive experience advising companies on complex civil disputes in the general and administrative courts as well as Market Court and arbitration. In addition, Matti’s practice includes advising companies in financial distress situations as well as advising creditors in insolvency related disputes. His trial experience includes a wide variety of commercial disputes and white collar crimes, which he works with frequently. Matti has also in depth experience in disputes related to different kinds of collaterals. He has advised several companies in questions related to the liability of the management as well as corporate fine. Due to his background, Matti is interested in competition law and public procurement matters.
In addition to holding an LL.M. degree from the University of Helsinki, Matti has studied law at the Johannes Kepler University in Austria. Matti has been trained at the bench and is a mediator accepted by the Finnish Bar. He joined Roschier in 2018.
Matti Nousiainen’s experience includes advising:
- client in a cross-border arbitration regarding delivery agreement;
- clients in civil disputes related to cross-border insolvency;
- client in a significant copyright dispute in the Market Court;
- client in a complex cartel trial at the Market Court;
- clients in corporate and management liability issues;
- client in a complex criminal case related to e.g. corruption and offences in office;
- client in a criminal case related to dissemination of information violating personal privacy as well as defamation.
Asianajotoimisto Uoti, Sotamaa & Co, Counsel (2017-2018), Associate (2012-2017)
Asianajotoimisto Aldea Oy (Currently Asianajotoimisto Nordia Oy), Associate (2011-2012)
Law Clerk, trained at the bench (2011)
Berggren Oy Ab, Associate (2008-2011)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Member of the Finnish Association of Industrial Property Rights (STY – Suomen teollisoikeudellinen yhdistys)
Member of the Finnish Insolvency Law Association
Member of INSOL International
Member of the Finnish Federation of Lawyers
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (2007)