Lauri Saari is a Helsinki-based Senior Associate working with Roschier’s Finance and Restructuring practice. Lauri advises financial institutions, sponsors and borrowers in a wide range of both domestic and cross-border transactions within the fields of finance and debt capital markets, including acquisition financing, real estate financing as well as corporate lending and financial restructuring.
In addition to his LL.M. degree, Lauri holds a B.Sc. (Econ.) degree from Åbo Akademi University and has also gained experience through a secondment to a major Nordic bank. His previous work experience includes working as an Associate for another major Finnish law firm and as a Legal Adviser at a major Nordic financial institution.
Lauri Saari’s experience includes advising:
- Investor consortium led by ANTA Sports Products Limited in the EUR 4.6 billion public offer for Amer Sports Corporation;
- Boels Group in its public cash tender offer for Cramo Plc;
- The lenders in bilateral revolving credit facility agreements for Työllisyysrahasto in an aggregate amount of EUR 800,000,000;
- The lenders in syndicated revolving credit facility agreements for Citycon Group in an aggregate amount of EUR 500,000,000;
- The lenders in two separate term facility agreements for Sanoma Oyj in an aggregate amount of EUR 480,000,000 and EUR 200,000,000, respectively.
Nordea Bank Abp/Helsinki, Legal Counsel, Secondee (2018)
Borenius Attorneys Ltd., Associate (2016-2018)
Nordea Bank Finland Plc, Legal Adviser (2016)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
University of Turku, LL.M. (2016)
Åbo Akademi University, B.Sc. (2016)
Finnish, English, Swedish