Laura Puro is a Helsinki-based Senior Associate specialized in taxation with particular focus on tax structuring and planning related to mergers and acquisitions. Further, Laura regularly advices clients on tax planning related to financing and financial instruments, investment funds, real estate transactions and incentive plans as well as tax audits and tax litigations.
In addition to her LL.M. degree from the University of Helsinki, Laura holds a tax law LL.M. degree from the University of Houston and a Master’s degree from the Helsinki School of Economics. Her previous experience includes working for the Finnish Tax Administration.
Laura worked as an International Visiting Attorney with Skadden in Washington D.C. from September 2017 to June 2018.
Laura Puro’s experience includes advising:
- Dynea Chemicals Oy, the leading global provider of adhesive and surface solutions, in the sale of its Asian division, Dynea Asia Pacific, to AICA Kogyo Co. Ltd., a leading Asian polymer chemistry company based in Japan for ca EUR 150 million, on a cash and debt-free basis, including pre-sale restructurings;
- The consortium representing the interest of Hans von Rettig’s family in restructuring of ownership in Rettig group companies Rettig Capital Oy Ab, Rettig Asset Management Oy Ab, Rettig Fastighetsutveckling Ab and Strömma AB;
- Walki Group, a portfolio company of CapMan Plc, in the financing of its acquisition of Meuwissen Industrie B.V., the Netherlands-based manufacturer of flexible packaging products, and Meuwissen Bouwprodukten B.V., the Netherlands-based distributor of building and construction materials. Roschier acted as the lead tax and structuring adviser for Walki Group;
- Finnair Plc in its acquisition of Finnish Commuter Airlines (FCA), a Finnish regional carrier owned by Finncomm Oy. Finnair and Flybe jointly set up Flybe Nordic AB which acquired FCA;
- ARIF I Ky, a private equity fund established by Amplion Asset Management Oy, in the approx. EUR 100 million acquisition of a real estate portfolio from Varma Mutual Pension Fund comprising 49 retail properties with a total lettable area of app. 127.000 sqs. (12/2010) followed by acquisitions of other retail properties including an acquisition of 8 properties from Varma Mutual Pension Fund;
- A large Finnish company in a ruling process concerning its transformation from a limited liability company to a co-operative and acceptability of cost-based pricing of services and products sold to the members despite such prices being lower that the prices applied to third parties. The Supreme Administrative court ruled the case in favor of Roschier’s client.
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Affiliates, International Visiting Attorney, Washington D.C. (2017-2018)
Uusimaa Corporate Tax office (2006-2010)
University of Houston Law Center (Texas, US), Tax Law LL.M.
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (2009)
Helsinki School of Economics, M.Sc. (2007)