Juhani Matinlassi is a Helsinki-based Senior Associate responsible for coordinating Roschier’s Public Procurement practice in Finland. Juhani has extensive expertise in competitive procedures and public projects and also court litigation of procurement cases domestically and internationally. Juhani has served both corporate and public clients in major procurement cases and contract negotiations, focusing on a wide range of industrial clients.
Prior to joining Roschier in 2018, Juhani worked as a commercial legal advisor in the Finnish Defence Forces, Defence Command, where he litigated the most notable court cases relating to defence and security procurement to date and negotiated multiple high-value contracts. His previous experience also includes working in the Ministry of Justice and in the Finnish Market Court.
- Expretio Technologies Inc in appeal proceedings before the Market Court regarding a strategic ICT public procurement;
- Port of Helsinki in appeal proceedings before the Market Court;
- Esperi Care Oy in a public procurement related damages claim by the city of Akaa before the Helsinki District Court;
- European Investment Bank (EIB) in a pioneering PPP cooperation regarding the City of Espoo’s school project;
- Tieto Corporation in its proposed combination with EVRY ASA through a statutory cross border merger;
- PRO-Keskus Oy in the sector specific investigation by the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority;
- Various local and international clients in administrative and civil court proceedings related to the energy, transport, pharmaceutical, ICT and defence sectors;
- Various clients in foreign direct investment processes before the Ministry of Economy and Employment.
Finnish Defence Forces’s Defence Command, Commercial Legal Adviser (2011-2018)
Ministry of Justice, Senior Officer for Legal Affairs (2009-2010), Senior Inspector (2009)
Market Court, Market Court Secretary (2006-2009)
Finnish Consumer Agency, Lawyer (2006)
Law Clerk, trained at the Bench (2005)
Keski-Pohjanmaan Osuuspankki, Lawyer (2004)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
University of Lapland, LL.M. (2004)