Johan Häger is a Stockholm-based Partner and Head of the firm’s Finance & Restructuring practice. He is specialized in international finance transactions, including syndicated loans, leveraged finance, high yield and investment grade bonds as well as asset backed financings and structured finance. In addition to banking and debt capital markets, Johan has extensive experience in matters related to financial restructuring and pre-insolvency workouts acting for lenders as well as borrowers.
Johan is ranked Band 1 within banking & finance and capital markets: debt by Chambers Europe and Chambers Global. He is also recognized as one of the leading experts in Sweden in banking & finance, debt capital markets and restructuring/insolvency by international publications such as Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, The Legal 500, IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal.
According to clients, Johan “has a strong understanding of the commercial issues at hand” and “can predict how the different stakeholders will react and what decisions they are likely to make”. Clients also highlight “the tailor-made solutions that he can bring to the table” (Chambers Europe, 2022).
He is described as “knowledgeable, available and solution-oriented” (Chambers Europe, 2020) as well as able to “quickly grasp complex legal and financial issues and seeks to solve problems” (Chambers Europe, 2021). He is also described as “extremely dedicated” and “very commercially minded” (Chambers Europe, 2019) as well as “cooperative and pleasant” (Chambers Global, 2018).
His knowledge of the bond market is described as “probably the most knowledgeable lawyer within bond market transactions in Sweden” (Chambers Europe, 2020) and “very impressive” (Chambers Europe, 2019). One client comments: “I always feel comfortable having him on my side” (Chambers Europe, 2021).
Johan Häger’s experience includes advising:
- Altaal and Carnegie in the establishment of a new investment company and its acquisition of Ramboll’s Finnish headquarters;
- The Danish state in connection with the recapitalization of SAS;
- Cibus Nordic Real Estate AB (publ) in the SEK 1.9 billion acquisition of 111 properties from Coop and SEK 0.9 billion accelerated book building;
- Pareto Securities AB in the acquisition of a Finnish real estate portfolio consisting of 123 grocery store and daily-goods properties from funds managed by Oy Sirius Capital Partners Ab;
- H.I.G. Capital in the sale of Zmarta Group to Bauer Media Group;
- Nordea Bank in the arrangement of SEK 1,750,000,000 IPO financing for Inwido;
- Pareto Securities in the arrangement of a SEK 300 million Tier 2 bond issue and an up to SEK 300 million Contingent Convertible Additional Tier 1 bond issue for Marginalen Bank;
- Danske Bank and Nordea Bank in the arrangement of a CHF 210 million acquisition financing for Loomis AB (publ) for its acquisition of Via Mat Holding AG;
- Nordea in the arrangement of a EUR 120 million senior secured high yield bond issue by Polygon AB (publ) and a super senior RCF, where the ranking is established through an intercreditor arrangement;
- The co-ordinating committee of the senior lenders led by Commerzbank in connection with the financial restructuring of the German fashion company BASLER, including new debt facilities in of approximately EUR 190,000,000 and EUR 25,000,000.
Roschier (2010-), Partner since 2011
Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå AB, Associate (2002-2010)
Uria Menéndez /Madrid, Visiting Lawyer (2008)
Sandvik AB, Visiting Lawyer (2004)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Member of the International Bar Association (Banking Law Committee)
Co-author of the Swedish chapter of “The Restructuring Review”, Law Business Research Ltd (2004)
Lund University, LL.M. (2001)
Lund University, BBA (2002)
University of London, King’s College, LL.M. (2002)
Johan is commercial, quickly grasps complex legal and financial issues and seeks to solve problems.Chambers Europe