Johan Häger is a Stockholm-based Partner and Head of the firm’s Finance & Restructuring practice. He is specialized in international finance transactions, including syndicated loans, leveraged finance, high yield and investment grade bonds as well as asset backed financings and structured finance. In addition to banking and debt capital markets, Johan has extensive experience in matters related to financial restructuring and pre-insolvency workouts acting for lenders as well as borrowers.
Johan is ranked Band 1 within banking & finance, restructuring/insolvency and capital markets: debt by Chambers Europe and Chambers Global. He is also recognized as one of the leading experts in Sweden in his field by other international publications such as The Legal 500, IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal.
According to clients, Johan is “a solid adviser”, “very good, experienced and pragmatic” (Chambes Global, 2023); he is “the superstar of finance in Sweden, when the transaction is complex, you do not want any other legal adviser” (The Legal 500, 2023).
Johan “has a strong understanding of the commercial issues at hand” and “can predict how the different stakeholders will react and what decisions they are likely to make”. Clients also highlight “the tailor-made solutions that he can bring to the table” (Chambers Europe, 2022).
Further according to clients, Johan is “very knowledgeable in the area of bond financing” (Chambers Europe, 2023); he “avails himself of a stellar track record in syndicated loans, leveraged finance and structured matters” (Who’s Who Legal, 2023). He is further described as “extremely talented and good to work with” (The Legal 500, 2023), “knowledgeable, available and solution-oriented” (Chambers Europe, 2020) as well as able to “quickly grasp complex legal and financial issues and seeks to solve problems” (Chambers Europe, 2021).
Johan Häger’s experience includes advising:
- on Skill BidCo ApS’ EUR 750,000,000 senior secured bond issue within a framework of EUR 1,150,000,000 in connection with CVC Capital Partners’ acquisition of Scan Global Logistics with Pareto Securities as sole bookrunner and global coordinator;
- Altaal and Carnegie in the establishment of a new investment company and its acquisition of Ramboll’s Finnish headquarters;
- The Danish state in connection with the recapitalization of SAS;
- Cibus Nordic Real Estate AB (publ) in the SEK 1.9 billion acquisition of 111 properties from Coop and SEK 0.9 billion accelerated book building;
- Pareto Securities AB in the acquisition of a Finnish real estate portfolio consisting of 123 grocery store and daily-goods properties from funds managed by Oy Sirius Capital Partners Ab;
- H.I.G. Capital in the sale of Zmarta Group to Bauer Media Group;
- Nordea Bank in the arrangement of SEK 1,750,000,000 IPO financing for Inwido;
- Pareto Securities in the arrangement of a SEK 300 million Tier 2 bond issue and an up to SEK 300 million Contingent Convertible Additional Tier 1 bond issue for Marginalen Bank;
- Danske Bank and Nordea Bank in the arrangement of a CHF 210 million acquisition financing for Loomis AB (publ) for its acquisition of Via Mat Holding AG;
- Nordea in the arrangement of a EUR 120 million senior secured high yield bond issue by Polygon AB (publ) and a super senior RCF, where the ranking is established through an intercreditor arrangement;
- The co-ordinating committee of the senior lenders led by Commerzbank in connection with the financial restructuring of the German fashion company BASLER, including new debt facilities in of approximately EUR 190,000,000 and EUR 25,000,000.
Roschier (2010-), Partner since 2011
Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå AB, Associate (2002-2010)
Uria Menéndez /Madrid, Visiting Lawyer (2008)
Sandvik AB, Visiting Lawyer (2004)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Member of the International Bar Association (Banking Law Committee)
Co-author of the Swedish chapter of “The Restructuring Review”, Law Business Research Ltd (2004)
Lund University, LL.M. (2001)
Lund University, BBA (2002)
University of London, King’s College, LL.M. (2002)
Johan is commercial, quickly grasps complex legal and financial issues and seeks to solve problems.Chambers Europe