Johan Gerhardsson is a Stockholm-based Senior Associate specialized in drafting and negotiating a wide range of complex commercial contracts and he advises clients on joint ventures, ICT and IP transactions. He also has extensive experience of matters related to contentious and non-contentious intellectual property work and data protection matters, including issues in the crossroads between intellectual property and competition law. Johan has in-house experience from the leading companies in Sweden within book publishing and TV broadcasting. In 2018, Johan worked as Visiting Attorney in San Francisco.
Johan Gerhardsson is recognized as an expert in intellectual property in Sweden by international legal directories such as Managing IP (IP Stars), ranking him a Rising Star.
Johan Gerhardsson’s experience includes advising:
- Ingka Investment in its investment in Ikano Bank;
- Bonnier Books in the acquisition of 70% of the shares in Strawberry Publishing;
- Investcorp-backed ABAX in its acquisition of Automile;
- Aspia in the acquisition of Skeppsbron Skatt;
- Funds advised by CVC Capital Partners in the acquisition of Etraveli from ProSiebenSat.1. and the management of the target group;
- R12 Kapital in the sale of Cibes Lift Group to Nalka Invest;
- Semel in the acquisition of Trancomeneter and its subsidiary Halda;
- Anvia in the acquisition of the Swedish digital television company Sappa from the international digital entertainment group, MTG;
- Amdipharm Mercury (AMCo) in the acquisition of Abcur AB from Vimixor AB.
Uppsala University, Guest lecturer (2017-)
Morrison & Foerster, San Francisco, Visiting Attorney (2018)
Bonnierförlagen AB, Visiting Lawyer (2015-2016)
TV4 AB, Visiting Lawyer (2015-2016)
AIPPI (The Association for Protection of Intellectual Property)
Svenska Föreningen för Upphovsrätt, SFU (The Swedish Association for Copyright)
”Fem år efter Pharma Sector Inquiry – har rättsläget klarnat och hur påverkas andra sektorer?” (”Five years after Pharma Sector Inquiry – has the legal status been clarified and how are other sectors affected?”), Patent Eye no. 4/2014
Lund University, LL.M. (2012)