Jan-Anders Wik is a Helsinki-based Partner specialized in corporate advisory and private and public M&A. Jan-Anders works mainly for listed companies and financial institutions. He also has extensive experience in commercial contracts and technology transfers.
Jan-Anders is recognized as one of the leading experts in Finland in corporate/M&A by international legal directories such as Chambers Europe and Chambers Global. He is praised for his corporate advisory and public M&A work, and is revered for his “all-round professionalism, sharpness and responsiveness” (Chambers Europe, 2012). Further, clients say that he possesses “a lot of knowledge” and recommend him as a “solid lawyer” in this field (Chambers Europe, 2017).
Jan-Anders Wik’s experience includes advising:
- Umicore in the acquisition of Freeport Cobalt’s cobalt refinery and battery cathode precursor operations in Kokkola, Finland;
- TCV in its investment of approximately USD 200 million in Unified Retail Planning Pioneer RELEX Solutions;
- Mandatum Life Insurance Company Limited in the transaction relating to the insurance portfolio co-operation with Danske Bank;
- Konecranes in its acquisition of the Material Handling & Port Solutions (MHPS) business from Terex, which closed in January 2017, and in relation to the preceding Business Combination Agreement and Plan of Merger with Terex signed in August 2015 and terminated in May 2016, when the MHPS Acquisition was agreed;
- Hoivatilat Oyj in the EUR 408 million public tender offer by Aedifica SA/NV for Hoivatilat Oyj.
Roschier (1994-), Partner since 1997; Head of Oulu office (1997-2006), Head of Helsinki office (2011-2016)
Law clerk, trained at the Bench (1993)
KWH Group Ltd, General Counsel (1990-1994)
Roschier-Holmberg & Waselius, Attorneys Ltd., Associate Lawyer (1988-1990)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Member of LES Scandinavia
LES Scandinavia, Board member (2001-2005)
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (1988)
English, Finnish, Swedish
Revered for his all-round professionalism, sharpness and responsiveness. Chambers Europe