Harri Puskala is a Helsinki-based Senior Associate. He works with Roschier’s EU & Competition practice. Prior to joining Roschier, Harri worked as a Senior Research Officer at the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority. In addition to his LL.M. degree, Harri holds a post-graduate diploma in Economics for Competition Law from the University of King’s College London.
Harri is listed as a leading expert within competition and antitrust by several organizations, such as the Expert Guide: Rising Stars 7th edition, published by Euromoney.
Harri Puskala’s experience includes advising:
- The main shareholders in the sale of Picosun Oy to Applied Materials, Inc.;
- Outokumpu in the divestment of the majority of its Long Products business operations to Marcegaglia Steel Group;
- IK Partners in the acquisition of Renta Group Oy from Intera Partners;
- Eltel in the power line transmission case;
- Fortum in the sale of its district heating business in the Järvenpää-Tuusula area in Finland to a consortium consisting of Vantaa Energy Ltd, Infranode, and Keva;
- Tieto Corporation in its proposed combination with EVRY ASA through a statutory cross border merger;
- Bonnier in the SEK 9.2 billion sale of Bonnier Broadcasting to Telia Company;
- Investor consortium led by ANTA Sports Products Limited in the EUR 4.6 billion public offer for Amer Sports Corporation.
Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority, Senior Research Officer (2017-2018)
Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority, Research Officer (2014-2017)
Deloitte Finland, Legal Advisor (2014)
Suomen Kilpailuoikeudellinen Yhdistys (Finnish Competition Law Association)
Eurooppaoikeuden yhdistys (Finnish Association of European Law)
Member of the Finnish Bar Association
“Vertikaaliset kilpailunrajoitukset verkkokaupassa – sääntely murroksessa” (Vertical restrictions on competition in e-commerce – regulation in a turning point), co-author, Defensor Legis 4/2020
The Legal 500: Cartels Country Comparative Guide, Finland (2019) with A. Paanajärvi, Legalease Ltd.
“Kilpailuoikeudellinen vahingonkorvausdirektiivi – kohti EU:n kilpailuoikeuden harmonisoitua yksityisoikeudellista täytäntöönpanoa”, co-author, Defensor Legis 2/2015
University of King’s College London, Post-graduate diploma in Economics for Competition Law (2017)
University of Helsinki, LL.M. (2014)