Harem Mahir is a Stockholm-based Partner focusing on finance & restructuring. Harem’s experience covers various large-scale international acquisition and asset-backed financing transactions, representing international banks and financial institutions as well as private equity investors and large corporate. In addition, Harem regularly advises various financial institutions and insurance companies in regulatory and derivates matters.
Harem’s previous experience includes working for another major law firm in Sweden and as visiting lawyer at Svenska Handelsbanken and Nordea Bank AB in Stockholm.
Harem is recognized within banking & finance in Sweden by IFLR1000 and the Legal 500. Clients appreciate Harem’s expertise in multiple bond defaults and direct loan issues and describe him as “extremely skilled” (The Legal 500, 2019).
Harem Mahir’s experience includes advising:
- IK Small Cap II Fund, a fund advised by IK Investment Partners Ltd, in its acquisition of BST Brandskyddsteamet AB, a leading Swedish provider of active fire protection services, from Infrea AB (publ), the founders and managers;
- CVC Capital Partners in connection with the financing of its acquisition of Etraveli from ProSiebenSat.1. and the management of the target group;
- APG Asset Management in connection with the long-term hedging arrangement of power and el-certificates for the 288 MW Åskälen wind power project, being the largest onshore wind power project in Sweden;
- The initial purchasers in connection with the EUR 3 billion (equivalent) high-yield bond offering by Intrum Justitia, as well as the lenders of the revolving credit facility provided to Intrum Justitia in connection with Intrum Justitia’s merger with Lindorff;
- Keravel S.à r.l and Ahlsell in the initial public offering of Ahlsell’s shares and listing on Nasdaq Stockholm;
- KKR, a leading global investor, in connection with the financing of its acquisition of a 50% stake in Välinge, a Swedish industrial R&D company. (2/2016).Represented a Nordic bank club in connection with the financing of EQT VII’s acquisition of Eton Group from Litorina IV.
Roschier (2011-), Partner since 2015
Svenska Handelsbanken, Debt Capital Markets, Visiting lawyer (2013)
Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå AB, Associate (2007-2010)
Nordea Bank, Visiting Lawyer (2008)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Co-author of the Swedish chapter of “The Restructuring Review”, Law Business Research Ltd (2004)
Lund University, LL.M. (2007)
English, Kurdish, Swedish
Clients appreciate Harem's expertise gained from multiple bond defaults and direct loan issues and describe him as extremely skilled. The Legal 500