Fredrik Rydin is the Chair of the Board of Roschier.
Fredrik is specialized in international finance transactions, including syndicated loans, leveraged finance and asset backed financings. He regularly acts for lenders as well as private equity sponsors and other borrowers in the Nordic financial market in connection with complex financing transactions.
Fredrik also has extensive experience from financial restructuring and pre-insolvency workouts acting for lenders as well as borrowers.
Fredrik is recognized as one of the leading experts in Sweden in the areas of banking & finance, debt capital markets, project finance, as well as restructuring & insolvency by international legal directories such as Chambers Europe, Chambers Global, Who’s Who Legal, The Legal 500 (Hall of Fame) and IFLR1000. Clients are particularly impressed with Fredrik’s “hands-on, solution-oriented, deal-oriented approach” (Chambers Europe, 2017) and find him “very skilful, calm and pragmatic” (Chambers Europe, 2019).
Fredrik Rydin’s experience includes advising:
- Searchlight Capital Partners in the public offer for all shares in Opus Group;
- Quimper AB (a private company in which CVC Funds have or will indirectly invest) on its public offer for Ahlsell;
- Nordea Bank and SEB in connection with the financing of Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj’s acquisition of Expera Specialty Solutions Holdings, Inc.;
- Funds advised by IK Investment Partners in the acquisition of KPMG Sweden’s Business Accounting Service;
- Triton Investment Management and funds advised by it on financing the acquisition of Ramudden and Chevron Traffic;
- The City of Stockholm in connection with the establishment of its Revolving Credit Facility arranged by Danske Bank and a club of Nordic banks;
- SEB as coordinating bank in connection with the refinancing of the IP-Only group involving EIB as multilateral lender and a syndicate of Nordic and European banks as commercial lenders;
- Terra Firma on financing the acquisition of McDonald’s restaurants across Denmark, Norway, Finland and Sweden;
- Danske Bank and DNB Bank in connection with the IPO financing for Ambea AB (publ).
Roschier, Partner (2007-), Head of Stockholm office (2015-2016), Managing Partner (2016-2019); Chair of the Board since 2019
Linklaters /Stockholm, Partner (2004-2006)
Linklaters /Stockholm, Managing Associate (2001-2004)
Linklaters /London, Visiting Lawyer (1999-2000)
Lagerlöf & Leman, Associate (1996-2001)
Helsingborg District Court, Junior Judge (1995-1996)
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Member of the International Bar Association
Lund University, LL.M. (1994)
Clients are particularly impressed with Fredrik's hands-on, solution-oriented, deal-oriented approach. Chambers Europe