Date: Wednesday 24 October 2018
Time: 8:30-10:15, breakfast is available from 8:30 onwards, program will start at 9:00
Place: Roschier, Kasarmikatu 21 A, 00130 Helsinki
We are delighted to invite you to hear how the field of trade secrets is changing and how the protection of trade secrets is secured in practice in international technology companies such as Neste, Nokia and Outotec.
Trade secrets are the most important form of intellectual property, and their significance and protection are at a global turning point. In Europe, the protection of trade secrets was renewed with the Trade Secrets Directive, which came into force in June 2018. The Directive has been implemented in Finland with a new Trade Secrets Act, which came into force on 15 August 2018.
- Trade secrets at a turning point - where are we, and what is changing? - Johanna Flythström, Principal Associate, Roschier
- Discussion on the protection of trade secrets in international technology companies - policies, agreements and conflict management in practice - moderated by Mikko Manner, Partner, Roschier
- Pirke Fustinoni, Vice President, Head of Intellectual Property, Legal & Contract Management, Outotec Oyj
- Eeva Hakoranta, Senior Vice President, Head of Intellectual Property, Nokia Oyj
- Jalmari Sasi, Responsible Senior Legal Counsel for Renewables, Emerging Business, Research & Development, and Intellectual Property Rights, Neste Oy
- Perspectives on the investigation of trade secret violations in the context of data protection and e-privacy offered by Johanna Lilja, Partner, Roschier
Please note that the event will be in Finnish.
We look forward to seeing you!
If you are interested in discussing these topics and participating in the seminar, please contact Hannele Suomilammi (email@example.com, 020 506 6640).