“The firm has an excellent reputation in both prosecution and litigation and… is one of the biggest filers of Community trade marks in the country.”
– MIP 2012Roschier’s Brand Protection practice offers global trademark, design and domain name registration services covering also trademark clearance, portfolio management and monitoring services as well as IP enforcement, consultation, strategy and training. Working closely with the firm’s Intellectual Property practice, the team offers comprehensive brand protection for clients in Finland and Sweden, as well as internationally. Due to a long history of working with globally operating clients and a global network of local agents, the team’s expertise in international brand protection is of exceptional breadth and quality. We serve our clients in a proactive and strategic way, utilizing the latest and most efficient solutions. The practice is consistently ranked Tier 1 in well-known international surveys.
Roschier’s Brand Protection practice was created through the acquisition of Benjon Oy, a leading provider of brand protection services. The practitioners on the team, consisting of lawyers and other experts, have vast experience in giving clients strategic advice for brand protection. The team’s experts lecture on a regular basis at various IP seminars and take an active part in legislative processes.
Roschier’s Brand Protection practice offers a wide variety of brand protection services, including:
- Trademark clearances
- Preparing filing strategies
- Trademark, design and domain name registrations globally
- Renewals and recordals
- Management of IP portfolios
- Monitoring services
- Brand related IP enforcement
- Opposition and cancellation proceedings
- Domain name dispute proceedings
- Trademark Clearinghouse services
- Brand protections strategies
- Brand valuation and IP auditing
- Assisting in M&A projects
- IP consultation and training
The lawyers of the practice work closely and cross-border with their colleagues in the firm’s Intellectual Property, M&A, and other teams in order to derive clients maximum benefit on their IP as a valuable intangible asset, as efficiently as possible.
With a reliable and cost-efficient international network of trustworthy local agents Roschier offers seamless global brand protection services, and it ensures the best possible result in every situation.
Awards and recognitions:
Roschier’s Brand Protection practice is recognized as a Tier 1 leader in both trademark prosecution and trademark/copyright contentious work by international surveys, including MIP and WTR. The team is known for its efficient and high-quality work.
“Sources confide that ‘it has to be considered one of the strongest trademark practices in Finland’, hailing its ‘impressive tradition in the brands space’ and ‘ability to handle a large amount of work without any let-up in quality whatsoever’.” – WTR
“Roschier Brands, Attorneys Ltd – formerly Benjon – is ‘one of Finland’s leading players’ in terms of its portfolio management, trademark filing and prosecution know-how.” – WTR
“The firm has an excellent reputation in both prosecution and litigation and… is one of the biggest filers of Community trade marks in the country.” – MIP 2012
“Its excellent, commercially minded practice tends towards international work, typically advising Finnish clients with global portfolios on brand management and strategy, as well as working on opposition and cancellation proceedings. Notable clients include Halti, Marimekko and Vacon.” – WTR
“This sizeable and highly regarded firm distinguishes itself with a broad IP practice that encompasses litigation, transactions, licensing agreements, patents, copyrights and trade marks. It continues to be active in the pharmaceutical sector and represents a prominent cast of international clients such as AstraZeneca and Pfizer in litigation. The team also advises Nokia on matters such as trade marks, patents, anti-counterfeiting measures and licensing.” – Chambers Europe (Intellectual Property)